Few Questions

Posted by: ziekboy

Few Questions - 01/03/07 03:25 AM

Heya, after reading quite a lot of posts on these boards, I think I have more questions than I was started with.

1. Hydrating: I know water is best, but I'm still iffy with straight water as a staple. Is lemonade powder a good idea to promote more water consumption, or can someone make a better suggestion?

2. How do I find out my body fat/lean muscle %?

3. What are some good, portable snack ideas? I saw trail mix and jerky haunting some of the posts, any more?

4. For really serious diet planning, I'm talking real numbers, where do I find information on how much of vitamins, minerals, ect. one would need based on wieght/age/sex/ect?
Posted by: stormbringer

Re: Few Questions - 01/03/07 10:35 AM

This may sound odd, but the www.cdc.gov actually has a lot of info about that stuff.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Few Questions - 01/03/07 03:03 PM

1. water is best, if you find it dull, put some cordial with it, or mix it half and half with fruit juice.

2. Need to go to a gym or physio that offers electrostatic body composition testing. To be honest, its not brilliantly accurate- just go by the mirror and honest self assessment. Dont need a machine to tell you if you need to lose bodyfat.

3. Fruit. home made granola bars or flapjacks (so you can Minimise sugar, salt and additives).
Hard boiled eggs for protein.

4. Make sure you get fruit and/or veg with every meal and you will be fine, especialy if you are having water/juice mix throughout the day.

Dont over do the calculations- makes it hard work and throws your perspective and motivation out of kilter. just be sensible- lots of fresh fruit, vegetables, white meat, fish and cereals/potatoes/pasta/bread, all in sensible quantities. Simple.