Slow down your aging

Posted by: Alex89

Slow down your aging - 10/31/06 11:56 PM

I learned this cool thing in chem class today. And that is that after you finish doing your cardio or something in which you breath a lot, your blood has a lot these free radicals (or something like that) and that makes you age faster (look older. ie. wrinkles). To minimize these free radicals, you should consume vitamin e after you finish your cardio session. Orange juice is apparently a good drink to drink after your workout session, to minimize the free radicals. Hope you guys find this as interesting as I did. Now after each workout session I'm consuming some orange juice
Posted by: crablord

Re: Slow down your aging - 11/01/06 12:07 AM

permission to lol?
Posted by: Alex89

Re: Slow down your aging - 11/01/06 12:14 AM

No, im serious man. Well I don't literally mean slowing down your aging process, but it helps reduce wrinkles and stuff like that. I don't want to sound offensive or anything, but don't laugh about something that you have no clue about. I didn't post that as a joke, it's something that is actually proven man.
Posted by: soulfiremage

Re: Slow down your aging - 11/01/06 03:12 AM

I thought it was vitamin C that would act as an antioxidant?
Posted by: Cord

Re: Slow down your aging - 11/01/06 12:46 PM

ageing is like photocopying. Cells replicate as they die, each successive replica is slightly less like the original, so like making photocopies from photocopies (instead of a 'master' copy or original), the quality of the reproduction becomes less and less.
Wrinkles are a product of this process. Orange juice, wrinkle creams, any vitamin supplement you care to thing of, will have zero effect on the quality of your genetic cellular reproduction.
no matter what you do in life, if you are lucky enough to exist for a long time, you will age, and inevitably die.

Better to come to terms with that and invest you time and energy in building a rich fulfilling life for yourself, and not have your self esteem tied up in your looks.

The fountain of youth does not exist.
Posted by: crablord

Re: Slow down your aging - 11/01/06 05:21 PM

why do personal trainers know so much cord you are bordering on being a doctor
Posted by: Xacklir

Re: Slow down your aging - 01/07/07 07:09 PM

Alex is correct, and so is Cord... Free radicals are ionized particals, positive and negative in the air that are absorbed through our blood into cells, like oxygen. They bind with certain receptors and have a habit of binding with certain enzymes used in DNA replication. Cord your right saying that DNA decays over time as the telomeres (useless DNA on the end of every strand of DNA) get smaller and smaller and useful DNA is corrupted/lost in the process. All free radicals do is speed this up... human life expectancy WITHOUT free radicals is expected at 120years. University Genetics... damn free radicals.
Posted by: tuxette

Re: Slow down your aging - 01/16/07 08:34 AM

If you don't want wrinkles, stay out of the sun and don't smoke...

Remember that screaming "get off my lawn, you darn kids!" isn't as effective without the wrinkles... ;-)
Posted by: ThomsonsPier

Re: Slow down your aging - 01/16/07 09:14 AM

Quote:

The fountain of youth does not exist.

Yes it does, and it's called martial arts training! (Sorry.)
Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Re: Slow down your aging - 03/21/07 03:30 AM

What about coll
agen?
Posted by: GriffyGriff

Re: Slow down your aging - 03/21/07 03:44 AM

Quote:

Now after each workout session I'm consuming some orange juice

Oh Crap! Thats where I went wrong...
I'm 43 and after TKD or Sabaki Training, I drink beer.
I find that it gets absorbed into the blood steam quicker.