pumpkin seeds

Posted by: trevek

pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 12:02 PM

without going into gory details, I have been wondering (I've been in a place where there was little else to do), can pumpkin seeds seriously affect your digestion system?
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 12:21 PM

I roast and eat pumpkin seeds every fall. They're delicious.

If you eat too many, they'll bind you up. It's like eating too many peanuts, or too much cheese.

Get plenty of fiber, and you'll be fine.
Posted by: crablord

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 12:50 PM

sunflower seeds FTW
Posted by: clmibb

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 02:38 PM

MMMMMM pumpkin seeds. Thanks for reminding me, I need to schedule a trip to Mexico.
Posted by: Zombie Zero

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 02:47 PM

Quote:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to schedule a trip to Mexico.

Or Safeway.

Are pumpkin seeds better south of the border? I've never heard that.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 04:03 PM

I remember eating pumpkin seeds only once in my life. I was 13 years old with a buddy and his mother took us the mall. We purchased a bag each that were roasted and ate them and did not really like them too much. We headed back to the car and continued to chew this stuff into mush and then like stupid kids we went around and spat it out on multiple car windows. Sorry ... just brought back memories.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/27/06 04:06 PM

no they sell a peanut and seed mixture with some spices on them. REAL good! I buy a 1 pound bag every time I go. It's usually gone by the time I get home. Street venders do roast them certian times of the year on their carts, the smell is fantastic!
Posted by: trevek

Re: pumpkin seeds - 09/28/06 05:53 AM

Quote:

If you eat too many, they'll bind you up.

Really? I should have eaten a whole pumpkin's worth. That wasn't the problem I had...