fluid in shin?

Posted by: Tom2199

fluid in shin? - 09/26/06 12:22 PM

Hi,

I just got off a thai boxing fight recently and my shin has taken a good batering (he came out the worse ),
there seems to be a nice big lump in the center and fluid all in it with some hard parts. is this anything to worry about? could it be i chipped my shin slightly or anything?
many thanks

-Tom
Posted by: MattJ

Re: fluid in shin? - 09/26/06 01:08 PM

Tough to say. If rest and ice do not make significant improvements in 2-3 days, go to a doctor and have it checked out.
Posted by: crablord

Re: fluid in shin? - 09/26/06 01:12 PM

I have the same thing on my elbow, I was wrestling with my friend and i got dropped on my elbow on concrete. It chipped it, and it swelled and filled with fluid. I dont know if its the same but when I move my finger around it it makes cracking noises. So yeah I suppose if yours is like mine its just chipped.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: fluid in shin? - 09/26/06 01:57 PM

Crablord, what most likely happen is that the bursa sac in your elbow go puncture and the reason for the swelling. I split my elbow a couple of times and banged it a few to a point where the chip bones were lodged in the bursa sack and it was continually painful. I eventually had to have an operation on my elbow and now I am the proud owner of a 3" x 1/2" scar.
Posted by: crablord

Re: fluid in shin? - 09/26/06 10:34 PM

oh..bugger lol. Well I can tell its chipped because on my other elbow the bone is kind of round like a circle, but this is like a circle with a bite taken out of it and it hurts when I press it. The swelling went away after about 2 days though.
Posted by: bobafett

Re: fluid in shin? - 09/27/06 05:30 PM

i had the same problem. i was skating and board hit me in the shin. probably the worst hit in my schin i have tooken. it was swelled for a couple days. now there seems to be a lump there. i've heard that sometimes if u have a bruse that the calcium (or something) in your blood will form bone. either that or i chipped a piece of my shin off and it attached somewhere eles. it dosent hurt when i press on it.

i would go see a doctor if u have good helth insurance. or just suck it up. thats what i did lol.