10% body fat from 15%

Posted by: Eveal

10% body fat from 15% - 07/31/06 07:05 AM

Well, I am on a goal to reach a 205 body weight from around 225. During my quest I went from 15.7% to a 10.3 percent in the course of 3 months (give or take). Anyway, I am still wieghing around 220 but I was up to around 228 at most. I know I am going to have to cut my muscle to reach my goals but I think its well worth it loss. My goal overall is to get down to about 7 - 9 percent bodyfat at 205 - 210 so if I want to fight at light heavyweight I can just drop some water weight to make it. Wish me luck I will keep ya posted!

Brandon
Posted by: Leonine

Re: 10% body fat from 15% - 08/06/06 06:16 PM

I am most certainly not an expert in this subject, but I feel I can give you some of my experience, since I had the exact same goal as you.
I went from 220 to 200 (I'm still going lower but just for this) with a decrease in bodyfat from 17 to 13. What I found was that for the longest time I couldn't lose weight because I wasn't changing my caloric intake. My eating habits had been changed but I was eating just as much. So my advice is to work good solid cardio (I do about an hour to an hour a half a day) but make sure you don't intake as much calories as you once did.

Hope this helps.
Posted by: BuDoc

Re: 10% body fat from 15% - 08/11/06 09:11 AM

I recently dropped some body fat, from about 13% to 8%.

I am not an expert on these things, and I was under the strict guidance of a nutritionist during a study.

Here is something that you may find odd regarding calories intake.

I actually ate more food, more often. It was just far cleaner.

I went from 230lbs. down to 206lbs. with no noticeable strength loss and a 5% loss of Body fat.

Ask Cord to explain it.

Page
Posted by: Dereck

Re: 10% body fat from 15% - 08/11/06 11:13 AM

Okay Doc ... what prescription pills were you popping?

Good for you.
Posted by: Eveal

Re: 10% body fat from 15% - 09/01/06 07:26 AM

Just to update this abit I hopped on the scale and I have dropped from 225 to 216 all in about 3 - 4 months. I started calorie counting and made sure my food was all clean. The first thing I noticed was my waist getting smaller and my shorts started to slip off. I am 11 lbs from my goal and I hope I can make it soon. I think I want to drop near 190s just to see if I can get out of the 200s but first thing is first. Thanks for the help guys/gals!

Brandon
Posted by: Dereck

Re: 10% body fat from 15% - 09/01/06 09:31 AM

Right on. Hey, I'm trying to get back to 200 lbs, how about you send that weight to me?