bad joints?

Posted by: peter586

bad joints? - 06/02/06 12:21 AM

hi when i throw a fast hard punch in the air i get a clicking sound and a dislocating feeling at my elbow somtimes, iv been throwing punchs since ever and as my punchs got beter i started getting this,does anyone experiance something similar or know what can be done to fix this? thanks
Posted by: Borrek

Re: bad joints? - 06/02/06 12:32 AM

Quote:

hi when i throw a fast hard punch in the air i get a clicking sound and a dislocating feeling at my elbow somtimes, iv been throwing punchs since ever and as my punchs got beter i started getting this,does anyone experiance something similar or know what can be done to fix this? thanks

You would be much better served by putting something on the receiving end of your hard punches. Try a heavy bag otherwise you will end up tearing apart your joints.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: bad joints? - 06/02/06 08:18 AM

You're hyperextending and as Borrek says you need to start hitting a heavy bag, not just the air.
Posted by: peter586

Re: bad joints? - 06/04/06 09:40 PM

realy thanks for the advice , but i thought joints would only hyperextend if there were extra weight on your arms
Posted by: Mr_Heretik

Re: bad joints? - 06/04/06 10:52 PM

I remember watching my elbow hyperextend as it happened. Peter, I don't think you can hyperextend anything just by punching air, but I believe it'll increase the chances of it happening.
Posted by: Cord

Re: bad joints? - 06/05/06 03:50 AM

Full on power striking with no target to absorb the energy is a terrible idea, and will screw you joints fast.

If you watch shadow boxing, the hands are loose, and there is much more emphasis on footwork and body movement. Its what its for, not power demonstration.

Get a punch bag for full power striking, or suffer injury from your invisible oponents.