My progress in 2 months.

Posted by: Diabolic

My progress in 2 months. - 04/28/06 03:28 PM

Well just wanted to post how I am doing so far as getting back into shape.

March 1st I weighed 205 at 5'7 at the age of 23. I came off a 3 year binge of no exercise and drinking beer just about everyday and eating junk food like pizza and fast food. I was pretty heavy.

Today I weighed myself and I am at 186. My progress in weight lifting has jumped tremendously and my body is starting to get hard again like it was in highschool(was 165 back then). The veins are coming back in my biceps going through my neck which I really liked and missed.
At first I was just wanting to lose weight, but I changed my mind after the first few weeks. The route I went was not dieting to lose weight but more like dieting to just loose 2 pounds per week while increasing muscle size and strength. While I have definatly gained some muscle mass the fat just went with it.

I have been eating clean everyday except Saturdays and maintaining a 3500-4000 calorie diet. I lift weights 3-4 days per week and do BJJ 3-4 days per week and cardio has been bumped down to only 2 days per week. The muscle I have gained along with bumping my metabolism up is what is causing me to loose the weight.

I just wanted to post this to maybe help motivate people that were like me a few months ago. I was fat, unhealthy, depressed, and grumpy. Use me as an example as to what hard work combined with motivation and consistancy can do for you. Anytime now I expect to hit a kink where I will not be loosing weight on the scale but swapping my fat for muscle.

I would also just like to take this moment to thank you guys, you have helped me when I have questions and I truly do appreciate it.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: My progress in 2 months. - 04/29/06 12:32 PM

Nice job mate, that's quite a transformation!
Posted by: MattJ

Re: My progress in 2 months. - 04/29/06 12:47 PM

Nice job Diabolic! Very impressive.
Posted by: Joss

Re: My progress in 2 months. - 04/29/06 04:15 PM

Excellent. Your body comes from what you are. You just changed what you are from what you were - and got better.

Here's something to think about if you are becoming drawn to the image of being "big" rather than ummm... streamlined, for want of a better word. Some guys I know that went for bulk in their early adulthood kind of feel like they would have been smarter to stick with streamlined, now that they are in their 40's and older.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: My progress in 2 months. - 04/30/06 05:09 AM

At 23 he's got plenty of time to get big, then cycle his weight down when he reaches his 40s.
Posted by: Diabolic

Re: My progress in 2 months. - 05/02/06 12:45 AM

Heh, ya skinny is too much work. I have learned that I am one of the lucky few that can either gain or lose weight without much work.