ISOPURE for meal replacement????

Posted by: DLove

ISOPURE for meal replacement???? - 04/13/06 09:06 PM

A friend of mine that is a personal trainer reccommended a meal replacement called ISOPURE. Its supossed to be a pure wey protein, zero carbs and fat. He told me that it would help to put on good muscle mass and help to lose the fat.. Anybody heard of it??
Posted by: Borrek

Re: ISOPURE for meal replacement???? - 04/13/06 10:45 PM

your friend gave you awful advice. if you really wanted to skip a meal and go for a shake then a zero carb, zero fat shake is probably the worst possible way to go. your body needs that stuff.

if you use it as a supplement to a regular diet thats a different issue, but as a meal replacement its a baaad idea.
Posted by: TimBlack

Re: ISOPURE for meal replacement???? - 04/14/06 08:39 AM

The only good use of protein shakes is to either increase your defficient protein intake, or if you're cutting, it allows you to eat less fat and get more protein. It should NOT be used as a meal replacement. Take a protein shake after a workout, you really shouldn't need any more supplementation.
Posted by: DLove

Re: ISOPURE for meal replacement???? - 04/15/06 09:40 AM

Maybe meal replacement was the wrong term to use, I was meaning for replaceing snacks and lunches, but thanks for the advice...
Posted by: Cord

Re: ISOPURE for meal replacement???? - 04/15/06 03:38 PM

Isopure is a good product- it mixes clear and makes a protein drink more like a fruit cordial than a 'milkshake' as most mix's do. This means that it is actually quite refreshing.
Like all protein drinks, its not a meal replacement, magic potion, or guarantee of muscle gains, and it is more expensive than getting your protein from good natural food.