Just pasta

Posted by: Dauragon c mikado

Just pasta - 04/12/06 08:28 PM

What would be the result if I just had pasta all 3 meals of the day 7 days a week?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Just pasta - 04/12/06 10:49 PM

Probably something like this.

http://www.fatguygetsskinny.com/100_0457.JPG
Posted by: Derik

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 12:45 AM

Yeah thats alot of carbs and carbs have alot of calories. I wouldnt advise this plus it would get very boring.
Posted by: Alicia

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 01:50 AM

I think you should try it and start a video log.

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 09:24 AM

I just wanted to know, My friend who is a sprinter does this and he seems to benefit from it, he's also 6th in the country (for his age group, under 18s).

I just thought since he has good results why shouldnt I?

Thanks for the warning
Posted by: Joss

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 10:47 AM

Unless he's snagging some vitamine C on th side and not telling you, he should be benefiting the local medical folks with a classic case of scurvy pretty soon. That should be pretty interesting in the UK in this day and age.

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 11:35 AM

He takes varios vatmins and mineral pills but that doesnt count as actually eating does it?
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 11:44 AM

Pasta for all three meal doesn't mean he eats only pasta (I would hope). Mix it with vegetables, meats, have fruits and other parts of your meals and I don't see a problem with it other than getting old very quickly. Just watch your calorie and fat/protien/carb intake so that it matches your dietary needs and you should have no problem.

It's just common sense really (or at least should be).
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: Just pasta - 04/13/06 12:18 PM

Quote:

My friend who is a sprinter does this and he seems to benefit from it, he's also 6th in the country (for his age group, under 18s).

I just thought since he has good results why shouldnt I?

Thanks for the warning

Key concepts bolded. He's a sprinter, so he needs, and is burning, all the calories from the pasta.

He under 18, so he has a metabolism like a volcano. 'Nuff said.

Pasta has gotten a bad rap over the past few years, but it's a great source of complex carbs, especially post-workout. But you can't live on just pasta and expect to excel as an athlete.
Posted by: Ethanael

Re: Just pasta - 05/29/06 06:23 PM

You would become Italian and put on a gut like the don.
Posted by: Chanters

Re: Just pasta - 05/30/06 03:09 AM

Quote:

Pasta has gotten a bad rap over the past few years, but it's a great source of complex carbs, especially post-workout.

For complex carbs, wholemeal/wholewheat is best. Try to avoid the white flour kind because normally it has been processed to the point of containing no goodness, therefore rendering it a simple carb.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Just pasta - 05/30/06 03:12 AM

Quote:

What would be the result if I just had pasta all 3 meals of the day 7 days a week?

Vitamin and mineral deficiency.
Bones, teeth and nails would deteriorate.
Lack of protein would cause muscle wastage and resultant toxicity build up in the blood and renal system.

Is that enough? I could go on.

You need diversity in your diet to ensure that your body ingests all the complex and varied nutrients you need to keep your body functioning properly.
Posted by: Eveal

Re: Just pasta - 06/02/06 06:36 AM

LOL!

Depending on how hard you train and if you count the grams of how much you eat you probably could pull it off and get leaner. The reason I say this is that if you train 6 days a week around 2 - 3 hours a day than you probably need that much energy from the pasta. Making it your main meal may have a detrimental effect though so becareful.
Posted by: White_Fox

Re: Just pasta - 06/03/06 05:31 PM

Yikes!!!!!!!