Favorit Smoothie Recipe?

Posted by: kyokushinkai

Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 12:32 PM

I don't have one So I'm going to Steal yours
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 01:26 PM

Eye of newt, tongue of bat.....whoops wrong recipe.

Try this:

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/collectionDisp...smoothieRCC.xml

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 01:42 PM

Quote:

Eye of newt, tongue of bat.....whoops wrong recipe.

Try this:

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/collectionDisp...smoothieRCC.xml

You forgot Wolf's Bane and Dragon's Blood.
Posted by: Blindsided

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 05:28 PM

scoop of whey, glass of milk, 2 scopes of icecream, handful of strawberrys, 2-3 bananas

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 08:15 PM

I think I found mine.. The peanut butter one on the website MattJ posted. It's fairly decent if I do say so Meself.
Posted by: MikeMartial

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 08:20 PM

Skim milk, vanilla whey isolate, natural peanut butter, and a banana.
Or
Skim milk, vanilla whey isolate, frozen mixed berries, and a banana.

I'll also add dextrose and creatine, depending on what workout I've done and what time of day it is.

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 08:50 PM

I thought Creatine was not good for you? or that it gives good results but you lose them when you go off the creatine. I have no clue though really.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/14/06 11:11 PM

I just throw in what I have around the house. I don't like to use ice as it's just a filler. Only sometimes do I use milk, and almost never ice cream (just don't have it in the house).
I'll throw in any berries or citrus fruits and I usually have a few cans of fruit in the fridge; pineapple, tropical mixed fruit, apricots.
Honey works well as a sweetener. Lime juice as a flavor additive.
Sometimes I'll use a little bit of frozen fruit juice conentrate or jam/preserves for a little something different.

If you can't tell I like fruit. But not bananas in my smoothies, the taste overpowers everything else.

PS-Don't mix too many fruits, it can be hazardous to your tastebuds.
Posted by: Borrek

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 12:13 AM

if you want to feel like rocky balboa, throw in a raw egg. once it is is mixed with other yumminess you'll never taste it. it will make your shake a bit thicker tasting too and add 10g of protein

warning: uncooked eggs or meat can cause food borne something or something...
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 01:04 AM

I used to make one all of the time and posted it on here a long time ago but dang if I can remember it exactly or find it. I will however give it a go.

1 cup of milk
1 banana
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup yogurt
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup ice

This not ony is health and tastes good but also stops hunger pains as when the banana is blended up and expands it is very filling. You can add more ice if you want for further thickness. You can pick the flavor of your yogurt but I always like strawberry, especially since I put strawberries in it. You can also change your berries, though I found with some that the seeds drove me nuts. I use 1% milk but that is because that is what I drink. Never tried it with skim nor 2% as I haven't drank that since I was a kid.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 03:26 AM

Quote:

I thought Creatine was not good for you? or that it gives good results but you lose them when you go off the creatine. I have no clue though really.

This is discussed at length on this very page of threads! look down the index a bit and you will see it. Then you will have more of a 'clue'

SMOOTHIES

best smoothy in the world needs 1 bottle of single malt whiskey, a blender and a selection of fruit.
Open the whiskey,throw the fruit away and ignore the blender, then get a glass and sit down and watch a movie

Seriously though, the following is my favourite.

500ml skimmed milk
2-4 egg whites (raw or powdered)
teaspoon of malt
drizzle of honey
Banana (optional)
lots of ice (virtuous)/scoop of vanilla ice cream (not so)

just blend the heck out of it. Lovely.
Posted by: Chanters

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 08:35 AM

Quote:

teaspoon of malt

As in malt whiskey?!

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 08:43 AM

Quote:

As in malt whiskey?!

Sadly not. just pure malt, as in 'malted milk' and Malt biscuits. Its a very strong taste, but its awesome in a shake

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 08:52 AM

A handful of almonds
A tablespoon of flaxseed oil
Some low fat natural yoghurt
Frozen summer berries (or when in season the fresh variety)
A splash of milk to make it less thick
A drizzle of honey

Another variation:

Low fat natural yoghurt
A tin of mangoes with syrup
Flaxseed oil
A splash of milk
1 or 2 cardamon pods (optional)

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 11:03 AM

You see, now I am showing my age if it doesnt have milk and eggs in it it just seems so...wrong

I have some strange young friends who swear by fruit juice, large quantities of real fruit, and natural cottage cheese, which has a higher ratio of cassein proteins, favourable for feeding the muscles.

Me i am sticking with milk and eggs, not to mention VHS and records. Those fangled DVD's and CD's will never catch on.

*Cord bumbles off to see if he can remember which house number he lives at*

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 02/15/06 11:31 AM

OK you're welcome to stick to your eggs and milk grandad! Don't want anything clogging up those shiny false set of gnashers now do we?! I bet all that yoghurt just goes straight through you!
Posted by: Diabolic

Re: Favorit Smoothie Recipe? - 03/02/06 12:18 AM

This is my 3rd meal of the day, around 1 pm.
1. 8 oz 2% milk
2. Scoop of protien whey
3. 2-3 Tablespoons of yogurt.
4. 1 Green Bananna (not yellow, you can keep them in the refrigerator. The skin may appear as if its getting bad, but the inside is fine)
5. 1 Scoop of Walnuts (The scoop from the protien whey)

You get all your fats and protiens, and its a great fill you upper.