Carb Intake...

Posted by: Ethanael

Carb Intake... - 01/16/06 12:13 PM

This is NOT an "OMG I'M ON ATKINS I NEED HELP REDUCING MY CARB INTAKE" kind of post.

Quite the contrary.

I would like to increase my intake of complex carbs. It has come to my attention that I am not taking in as many complex carbs as I probably should, and that it may be affecting my endurance and stamina...

Obviously, vegetables would help. And cereals and whole wheat breads (whole wheat breads have complex carbs, right?)...

Is there anything else I can do?

My training schedule is cardio-intensive, so I'll be needing lots of complex carbs for fuel.

Thanks.

-Ethan
Posted by: Cord

Re: Carb Intake... - 01/17/06 07:21 AM

Rice, pasta, potatoes, bread and cereals.

Green veg actually isnt carb rich at all.
Posted by: tuxette

Re: Carb Intake... - 01/17/06 08:19 AM

What are you eating now, and how much?
Posted by: trace

Re: Carb Intake... - 01/17/06 06:53 PM

I'm new too this site, but i've lost a load of weight.

If your a athlete eat complex carbs, but if your slimming avoid.i go joggin twice a weeks and i do 5 miles and last week i got to 6.4 on my pedometer, i thought owh right and i went joggin this morning and i only just broke the 5 mile point?. so i thought whats up? so i remember eating more fruit and a soya protein shake the nite before and for break fast i had abowl of alpen but i always add stuff,like more raisins and chopped banna.

so as a experiment i'll eat the same and sea what happens? i post tomorow.

I when i go for high burn,my best source of complex carb is bakedbeans on toasted brown bread.i've been reading the posts and it got me thinkin everybodys metabolic rate is different, but you can do and use different methods of speeding it. if two people do the same ragime of activety and diet, would they're metabolic rate be the same? or is peoples energy levels different? everyday? or complete random?