Does tea help with your cough

Posted by: don_juan

Does tea help with your cough - 12/19/05 07:25 PM

I heard that hot steaming water helps with your coughing and i was wondering if tea has the same effect?
Posted by: spartanwarlord

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/20/05 03:26 PM

Quote:

I heard that hot steaming water helps with your coughing and i was wondering if tea has the same effect?

I wouldn't drink the tea too hot, but yeh Im sure it has the same effect. Lemon tea would be even better.

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/20/05 10:53 PM

ok thanks its cold season and i been getting alot of coughs so thanks alot.
Posted by: argan

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/20/05 11:56 PM

Yes. Tea has generally helped me for a little while at least. Of course, it isn't a cure, as much as it is a "helper."
Posted by: CanuckMA

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/21/05 12:41 AM

My personal cure for colds is a mixture of one part orange juice and one part vodka. The OJ has vitamin C. The vodka heps me forget that vitamin C doesn't help at that stage.
Posted by: spartanwarlord

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/21/05 02:46 AM

Quote:

My personal cure for colds is a mixture of one part orange juice and one part vodka. The OJ has vitamin C. The vodka heps me forget that vitamin C doesn't help at that stage.

But some galiano in there and you've got yourself a party .
Posted by: trevek

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/23/05 12:33 PM

doesn't the alcohol kill the vit c anyway?
Posted by: White_Fox

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 12/30/05 11:21 AM

I know ginger tea has a very beneficial effect On your upper respiratory tract. Also it’s great at preventing colds and flu in the first place.
Posted by: VigilanteSilver

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/02/06 03:23 AM

Yes, definitely. In fact, I may petition the idea that tea can cure anything. :-) In all seriousness though, tea contains beneficial antioxidants that help sustain and reinforce the immune system, thus shortening the duration of illness. Also, any kind of warm beverage may act as an expectorant for a cough. If you sweeten your tea with honey, that is an added benefit, because before there was cough syrup, people used honey, and it works very well.

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/03/06 08:47 PM

Thank you everyone for the wonderful replys and tips the coughs this year was not as bad as other years. I Also have another question are their any teas that help you relax and fall asleep when your mind is full of thoughts about the day? I drunked this one tea called zen tea and i fell asleep right away.
Posted by: Chanters

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/05/06 03:28 AM

Peppermint tea or even more effective is lemon balm tea. You're best trying to grow the plants and then get a handful of the leaves into a cup, pound them a bit and add hot water. Lemon balm is extremely easy to grow and to look after.

They're both very refreshing drinks but also very good in assisting a good night's sleep. Lemon balm also helped my partner get over a mild asthma attack to which it stopped him wheezing and then he fell asleep!
Posted by: mouli

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/12/06 02:31 PM

Hi,

Generally when I have cold or running nose, I just heat solid turmeric and inhale the smoke that comes out of it.
It is very good and it takes the water out.
You just do two times and you will certainly feel the difference. It gives a lot of relief.
Mouli

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/12/06 08:27 PM

Hey Mouli, you know when you cant sleep becasue your nose is runing so much? well doing this before you sleep would it let you sleep the whole night. I would try this next time it gets cold out agin so thanks.
Posted by: mouli

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/13/06 01:42 PM

Hi don_juan,

I tried this so many times since I have this cold problem.
Many people in villages in India do this. Its a natural medicine.
You just do this two times before you go to bed.
Say, you go to bed by 10 'o clock, Do it by 8 and then again by 9.45 or so.
Its a natural way of getting relieved from cold. It does'nt have any side effects.
Dont take Allopatic medicines for Cough or Cold.
I read in a Health magazine long before that they have some side effects.
Try it out my friend...Good Luck.

Mouli

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/14/06 11:48 PM

Hey Mouli, Ok i would have to try this next time but it might be a troble trying to find turmeric, but i would be looking for it. Thats cool that you still use herbs today. Herbs has always been a topic i try to learn better. Thanks agin
Don_juan
Posted by: tuxette

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/15/06 02:34 PM

Colds go away in 7-10 days no matter what you do, at least in most people.

It's good to get liquids though, and as long as the tea isn't a diuretic, go for it.

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/22/06 07:09 PM

Quote:

Peppermint tea or even more effective is lemon balm tea. You're best trying to grow the plants and then get a handful of the leaves into a cup, pound them a bit and add hot water. Lemon balm is extremely easy to grow and to look after.

They're both very refreshing drinks but also very good in assisting a good night's sleep. Lemon balm also helped my partner get over a mild asthma attack to which it stopped him wheezing and then he fell asleep!

Ok thanks i would go look for some lemon balms. and do they smell good? how does peppermint tea taste like? dont thank i ever had that one. well thanks agin

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/23/06 03:24 AM

I'm not a huge fan of peppermint tea out of a teabag and think you can't beat a cup full of the fresh leaves slightly pounded. The taste is completely different.

Lemon blam as you can probably imagine smells citrussy and makes for lovely drinking.

Let us know how you get on!
Posted by: trevek

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/24/06 06:38 AM

Don't drink too much fresh lemon balm if there aint a toilet nearby. That stuff flushes your system pretty well (in my experience).

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/24/06 08:29 AM

That's true it is a diuretic but one cup of lemon balm tea is all that is really required to assist sleep.

Re: Does tea help with your cough - 01/24/06 09:49 PM

lol ok thanks for the warning and the tips once winter is over i would try to grow some lemon balms.