New moderator

Posted by: laf7773

New moderator - 11/30/05 01:21 AM

Cord will be helping out as co-moderator for the health and nutrition section. He has a wealth of knowledge to share as he has already shown. I'm sure he will be making his presence known shortly.
Posted by: Cord

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 04:47 AM

Hello Chaps and Chapettes
Laff has very kindly recruited me to assist in the supervision of this forum, so it seems fitting that I give you a bit of background on me and where I an coming from on this forum.
I was a full time fitness trainer and sports therapist for just over 10 years, my qualifications cover all aspects of health and fitness including sports nutrition, and through dealing with literaly thousands of clients over the years i have become a firm believer in keeping it simple. A good basic foundation must be used as a compass to navigate the various fads and theories that spew forth from the media regarding eating habits with monotonous regularity.
I am a firm believer that the best 'performance supplements' are natural food, not pills and powders.
I believe in BP readings being more important than BMI.
I believe in looking in the mirror not standing on the scales.
I believe that if you strive to eat well, exercise hard, and live an active healthy life, then for the vast majority, this will lead to the body's appearance reflecting that.

To anyone who asks a question on here, it is your responsibility to make the forum aware of any medical condition that may affect the answer you get. Hypo/hyper thyroidism, diabetes, intolerances/allergies etc. without these facts you will not recieve a safe or effective answer.

If your question is about injuries, no advice on here will be preferable to face to face medical diagnosis and consultation. Such advice should always be sought, regardless of expense- your wellbeing should be considered a worthy investment.

Thats about it. Lets get cracking
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 08:49 AM

congrats Cord!
any general advice for self-taught kobudo related injuries? I was playing around with these two kama's, you know, role playing, and managed to catch my leg right under the kneecap...the angle was such that it took the kneecap itself, well, sort of off. anyway...would you suggest tylenol or something a bit stronger? thanks and congrats again on your new office.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 08:53 AM

Congrats to Cord on your new office.

Congrats to Ed on your new orifice.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 08:58 AM

LOL....Ouch. hurts when I laugh.
Posted by: JasonM

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 09:41 AM

This is awesome news..Gongrats Cord. I have been wondering why you weren't mod'd sooner..
Posted by: harlan

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 01:07 PM

Congrats on the promotion. Question...will BuDoc be your sidekick?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 01:19 PM

Congrats, Bro! A worthy addition to the already stalwart Strength and Nutrition staff here.
Posted by: butterfly

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 02:17 PM

Mr. Cord,

A welcome choice in this arena. Congratulations!
Posted by: Tezza

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 02:20 PM

Congrats Cord. Have fun with the higher ranking
Posted by: -orangesiscool-

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 03:19 PM

Whats your favourite ice cream, cord?
Posted by: Cord

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 05:16 PM

Aww shucks, thanks everyone

I absolutely love having BuDoc take an interest in this bit of the site, he is an unbelievable asset to the forum, and would make a far more worthy mod than I, if only he wasnt so distracted by the whole 'saving lives' thing- so selfish to neglect us

My favourite ice creams would have to be Haagen Daaz Cookies and cream, and Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon oat crunch. Couldnt choose betwixt if you put a gun to my head

Both in moderation of course
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: New moderator - 11/30/05 06:24 PM

Congratulations Cord, Looking forward to having you as a mod.
Matt
Posted by: Chanters

Re: New moderator - 01/09/06 08:41 AM

Mmmmmmmmmmm cookies and cream......argggggggg