Getting a headache after jogging

Posted by: goonie

Getting a headache after jogging - 10/01/05 09:15 PM

I just started jogging again after no exercise for quite awhile. After about a 15 minute jog i feel like CRAP! I have almost a migrain. Could this be caused by breating or would it just be not warming up enough?
Posted by: Prometej

Re: Getting a headache after jogging - 10/08/05 06:14 AM

You`re probably just out of shape and pushing yourself too much. Go easy at first and see what happens.
Posted by: ShikataGaNai

Re: Getting a headache after jogging - 10/10/05 03:04 PM

i had the same thing happen my first few weeks of class in chicago. i thought it might be what's known as an "exercise headache" - a form of migraine brought on by intense physical exersion, but after a few weeks of popping aspirin before going to class, it went away and hasn't come back.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Getting a headache after jogging - 11/07/05 08:32 PM

drink more fluids during the day and 1 hour before working out...headaches are sometimes caused by dehydration. it's worth a try before resorting to asprin.
Posted by: DragonFire1134

Re: Getting a headache after jogging - 11/10/05 07:29 AM

Quote:

it's worth a try before resorting to asprin.

Yes, we don't want to resort to having to take asprin...
Thats some hard stuff!!

In all honesty, I still get those headaches from time to time, its bad. Asprin isn't really strong enough to handle those kinds of headaches either, at least not for me anyway.

Those throbbing headaches are very dibilitating to the individual that gets them. They get in the way of school, work, and life!

Don't make the same mistake I made, and just deal with it.
Ask your doctor about the headaches and see what he recommends
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Getting a headache after jogging - 11/10/05 12:11 PM

I used the word 'resort' because it's a popular mentality to just 'pop a pill' instead of finding out what your body needs.

The pharmaceutical industry is doing very well nowadays.