yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy

Posted by: Bouser

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 06/22/05 02:21 PM

Is there bad protein too? like the protein in pizza pockets n stuff? or is protein protein???
Posted by: oldman

Re: yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 06/22/05 03:12 PM

At what point does " yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy " become " oyoyoyoyoyoyoy "

Did you guys hear the one about the Rapper and the Rabbi walking into an Irish pub?
Posted by: Bouser

Re: yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 06/22/05 03:32 PM

So can u answer my question please lol
Posted by: Dereck

Re: yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 06/22/05 04:01 PM

As far as I know ... protein is protein. When exercising you want to have a cleaner protein (whey protein, chicken, etc). then something with fillers, sugar, etc. Plus a pizza pocket is not going to deliver the amount of protein that the others would.

If you are physically fit and have a low percentage of body fat then you may be able to get away with pizza pockets. It will also depend on your goals. If you want to get big then you will need to look at more cleaner forms of protein.
Posted by: JoelM

Re: yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 06/22/05 10:46 PM

I agree with Dereck, although I am certainly not qualified to post anything but pure speculations on here, I'll give you mine based on what I think are facts:
The only bad thing I can see from eating protein is making sure you get all of the correct amino acids. There are some amino acids that the body cannot produce on it's own, they can only be gained by comsuming them. I believe they're readily available in most meats, but vegetarians can have problems getting all the essential (I think they're called essential) amino acids, but they are available, I think in soy, beans, and legumes.

This is all from the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure I've read it before, I'm sure somebody who knows what they're talking about will come along soon. Maybe this can start you on your research, though.

PS-you'll get a lot more replies if you use a real title as opposed to jumping on your keyboard.
Posted by: Equis

Re: yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 07/02/05 04:28 AM

Pizza pockets are disgusting anyways, all that nasty grease. Yack...

Try eating meat... and protien drinks...

Sounds like you plan on eating alot of hot-pockets as a protein substitute.
Posted by: SkInHoUnD

Re: yoyoyoyoyoyoyoy - 07/05/05 11:53 AM

Pizza pockets eh? Well any protein is good, just make sure you use it. Lots of fat in a pizza but lots of protein too...I wouldnt recommend this as a source of protein though.There are bad protein sups out there that have a bunch of crap in them that either do nothing or may hurt in in a great enough dose. Protein supps arnt standardised or approoved by any medical standards ( at least not in canada) i dont think so u gota be carefull. Luckily most of your run of the mill protein powder cansiters are safe.Chances are your doctor wouldnt suggest a protein supp because its a grey area..But you can be as flat as saying i'm taking prot supps, heres the ingrediant lable, should I be concerned.Also a pharmacist may be able to point out any bad stuff.