Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody?

Posted by: GojuRyuboy13

Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody? - 06/08/05 07:23 PM

Does anybody have this or have had it? What are some exercises you do about it?

I got it in my left knee, never really bothered me much until now it's been aching a little more and what not. Probably since I start working out a little differently. I am going to see my doc about it.
Posted by: matt7_87

Re: Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody? - 06/08/05 11:15 PM

Personally I've never had it, but alot of my friends have. The best thing you can do is see a doctor. Everyone that I know had to wear a knee brace after bieng diagnosed.
Posted by: CanuckMA

Re: Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody? - 06/14/05 11:24 PM

My kid had it. Wore a string brace for a while. It just went away. It's the kind of things that you usually grow out of.
Posted by: Cord

Re: Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody? - 06/15/05 02:46 AM

Agreed, it is directlt related to your bodies development, if managed according to medical advice, will 'go away' leaving no long term negative effects. Damage caused by ignoring it will last a lifetime. See your doctor a.s.a.p. and avoid high impact work (running/jmping)and resistance until you have been cleared to do so by the doc.
Posted by: SkInHoUnD

Re: Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody? - 07/13/05 01:28 PM

Hey I had this growing up....what happens if i remember correctly is its caused by muscle conflict and the result is a sensitive calcified lump under your kneecap. It was always sensitive on me but never kept me out of activity. The only drawbacks where getting hit there or it being uncomfortable when kneeling. As you get older it becomes harder and painless I still to this day have a noticable lump under each knee...my left one a little bigger. NO long term effects...just uncomfortable at times. Tough it out and you get some horns on your knees!
Posted by: SkInHoUnD

Re: Osgood Schlatters disease/condition, anybody? - 07/13/05 01:29 PM

*error post*