the basics?

Posted by: nevets

the basics? - 06/03/05 02:36 AM

i know next to nothing about health or anything, never was in many sports (only tae kwon do) and really need to lose weight and try healthier lifestyles. any advice for someone on the do's and donts of a healthy lifestyle? things to definately NOT eat, and things that actually by eating help you lose weight. diet drinks/plans that work for you. etc.
Posted by: HomieGerald

Re: the basics? - 06/03/05 03:11 PM

Don't not eat, just try to follow the advice I put in the other post. Eat healthy, wholesome foods. Get at least 7 hours of sleep. Eat a hearty breakfast. Have a personal trainer or someone qualified design you a weight lifting program. Don't get caught up with those stupid machines or pills, most of them never work. After you work out have some whey protein. Well those are just a few things that I can think of right now, so, hope that helps.
Posted by: nevets

Re: the basics? - 06/03/05 04:18 PM

thanks...but as far as personal trainers go.....most people i know are kinda....incompetent. that and i dont know alot of people. do you maybe know someone online that could help me form some sort of a schedule for training?

Re: the basics? - 06/05/05 12:33 PM

I am so sorry this is late, I don't know what I was doing but this link should help a lot http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide3.htm. You don't have to follow that program word for word but it has a wealth of good information for transforming your body.
Posted by: cannonfodder

Re: the basics? - 06/09/05 05:32 AM

why do i keep hearing about whey protein? what does it do for you exactly?

Re: the basics? - 06/10/05 03:01 PM

Whey protein is just a type of protein. Since whey is a fast burning protein it is the prefered type of protein after a workout since it gets to your muscles the fastest.