Whey Protein w/ Creatine Monohydrate

Posted by: yorik17

Whey Protein w/ Creatine Monohydrate - 05/07/05 11:53 AM

Hello. Recently I have purchased some whey protein and creatine monohydrate. I'm wanting to clarify things so here goes. I weigh 135, so therefore I sould take 27 (approx.) grams of creatine (usually 1 hr. before workout) 4 times a day for 5 days, then twice a day afterward. With whey protein, should I take it before a meal, after a workout, before? I have a friend that is a bodybuilder and says he takes creatine before workouts and protein before he eats.
Posted by: Orchidweb

Re: Whey Protein w/ Creatine Monohydrate - 05/07/05 08:09 PM

If you are 135 lbs, I assume you are either an adult female, or an adolescent male. If you are a young male, you should not take creatine, as your body already produces a metabolic creatine amount of about a gram per day. Just like steroids or any other hormone, when you start to add more than your body produces, your body will lower its metabolic production of it. The human body is the ultimate compensation tool. You cannot keep up higher levels than your body wants you to have, for very long. And like testosterone and other steroids, your body will compensate. Take too much steroid, and your testicles will be destroyed in order to keep your levels normal. Creatine? I suppose your pituitary or some other organ will stop secreting the normal amount into your system. The body is the ultimate compensation mechanism, I suggest do not mess with your bodys chemistry.
Posted by: RedBaron29

Re: Whey Protein w/ Creatine Monohydrate - 05/08/05 01:24 PM

yea, can't stress enough how bad it is to take creatine while you're young, you'll just regret it later, i don't mess with anything more than whey protein powder right now
Posted by: jaret345

Re: Whey Protein w/ Creatine Monohydrate - 05/19/05 12:38 PM

i think your getting a little carried away there, i can agree that messing with your testosterone levels is bad but your creatine levels? it isn't nearly as bad as you make it out to be