No dojos in England - at least not near me.

Posted by: Anonymous

No dojos in England - at least not near me. - 04/17/05 03:37 PM

I live in Suffolk in the East of England and there are no kendo or kenjutsu dojos where I am, there are dojos for Tae Kwon Do, Karate, kick boxing and the like but nothing for what I want, I try to practice at home when I can, (round about now actually) but I don't really know any of the kata or stuff like that, I know the taregets for kendo and I'm practicing my foot-work at the minute, and I practically make up my kenjutsu as I go along (which I guess you would if you ever had to fight someone)but what I really want to do is go to a dojo and learn how to do it properly, I don't know if in my random "swinging" I manage to perform any kata, and if I do I don't know about it, is any one here from near me and who knows of any dojo for kendo and/or kenjutsu?
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: No dojos in England - at least not near me. - 04/17/05 05:10 PM

I strongly recommend heading over to http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3

There are a good number of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu dojos in England and no small number of Kendo dojos. Several UK folks hang out at Kendo World so someone there is bound to be able to point you in the right direction.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: No dojos in England - at least not near me. - 04/29/05 06:31 AM

Thanks very much for your help, will have a look!

Thanx