Muso Shinden Ryu

Posted by: Anonymous

Muso Shinden Ryu - 03/31/05 11:14 AM

I have been told of a dojo teaching MSR iaito fairly close to where i live. The sensei is Martin Clarke 5th Dan, he is also captain of the British iaito team.

This all sounds pretty darn promising to me, but prior to contacting him, I was wondering if those in the know here, could give me their opinions on the style- is it authentic/respected and any good?

Many thanks for your time and input.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Muso Shinden Ryu - 03/31/05 02:22 PM

Don't know the person in question.

But if the style is what I think it is, then you should be good.

Re: Muso Shinden Ryu - 03/31/05 06:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cord:
I have been told of a dojo teaching MSR iaito fairly close to where i live. The sensei is Martin Clarke 5th Dan, he is also captain of the British iaito team.

This all sounds pretty darn promising to me, but prior to contacting him, I was wondering if those in the know here, could give me their opinions on the style- is it authentic/respected and any good?

Many thanks for your time and input.
[/QUOTE]

I do not know about this sensei but I train in Muso Shinden Ryu and it is awsome. I am into my 3rd month now and I am practicing Omori Ryu katas and Shindo Munen Ryu katas. You can find some great info here if you like www.aikidoseishinkandojo.org
I also built this site for my Sensei.
Best of luck
Lou

[This message has been edited by alevshogun (edited 03-31-2005).]

Re: Muso Shinden Ryu - 04/01/05 12:28 AM

Thank you both for your help. That link was very informative. I will arrange a trial lesson in the near future [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]