Home made bokken

Posted by: Anonymous

Home made bokken - 03/24/05 11:18 AM

Has anyone else here who like me made the bokken there curently useing?

Re: Home made bokken - 03/25/05 12:35 AM

I do custom knives and swords and have made/sold quite a few bokken

I found that you can buy oak and ironwood dowels(spelling??) at your local building supply shop

HUCK

Re: Home made bokken - 03/25/05 04:36 PM

Hi,

I have made a Bokken, but it is not really that good. I used an old broom stick and sanded it down, cut it and stained it. I also put a wooden(do not know the specific name)ring guard at the end to make it look like a real wooden sword. It does not look that bad though.

-Joe-

Re: Home made bokken - 03/26/05 09:46 AM

Actually if anyone has some information on strong,pliable,yet cheap woods email me at demonologist70@yahoo.com

Re: Home made bokken - 03/27/05 07:42 PM

I dont even know what kind of wood mine's made of i use'd this 7 foot long 2 foot wide 3 inch thick board that was beside my stair's i dont know how it got there im gonna asume it was alien's lol it took me forever to cut it down and shape it i had to cut it with a hand saw not fun its a good arm work out though i just finished makeing a tsuba (the hand guard thing) for my bokken.

Re: Home made bokken - 04/05/05 08:55 PM

Lycao I am kinda sorry for all the ridicule you obtained in my thread.I would like to say I am interested in this city. I really would love to at least visit some place like this. There is no way I intended for you to be ridiculed like that. Although you did come across as a sorry mother ****er. No offense intended. I have to say though the whole thing about "reactions that make this so funny" it really PISSES ME OFF!!!!!!! With that in mind I end this post.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Home made bokken - 04/06/05 08:51 AM

Shadowdragon

Were I you I would take a look at hickory or ash.
Both are strong, readily available, and commonly worked.
They should have an "impact grade" that's good for bokken.

Course yo always have your oak.

Re: Home made bokken - 04/11/05 09:37 PM

Thank you very much. I will take a look.