Tazer sword and heat sword

Posted by: Anonymous

Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/10/05 07:36 PM

Is it possible to make a sword that shocks the enemy when struck. Or a sword that heats up hot enough to slice and sear the enemys skin sorta like a light saber(not one though)Like a heat katana. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/10/05 09:28 PM

Why? Is cutting someone wide open not good enough?

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/10/05 09:42 PM

Heheheheh.

Searing heat would be no good!

You don't want to cauterize the wound as you go, it would stop them bleeding out. Why not just buy a Jango Fett blaster and burn a hole through their vital organs?

Lol

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/11/05 05:29 AM

There is the SA121 Shockstick--a nightstick that carries 6000-7000 volts of electrical shock power.

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/11/05 08:52 AM

A Katana blade doesn't need to be hot to slice someone open. The edge just needs to be sharp. If it's sharp enough, the blade can be cold and still slice flesh open very easily.

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/11/05 09:37 AM

Unless he's going to attack a pat of butter.
Posted by: cxt

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/11/05 09:48 AM

Or he's planning on fighting a snowman.

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/11/05 04:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mushin Ryu:
Unless he's going to attack a pat of butter.[/QUOTE]

LOL!

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/11/05 06:50 PM

It would be possible, but as the guys have said, not really necessary. If you wanted something that would look good on stage, you could probably make a flaming blade with a methane tank and valve in the pommel and tubes up the blade, but it would mostly be useful for show (or burning the evidence, but that's another story).
Posted by: schanne

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/12/05 07:07 AM

Luke, use the force, the force Luke. You might want to cut back on the movies. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/12/05 07:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cxt:

Or he's planning on fighting a snowman.
[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/12/05 10:40 PM

Hello I am actualy working on a tazer sword at the moment.
I started with a 5k volt stun gun and a Paul chen banshee sword.
My only problem at the moment is getting the tazer guts to fit in the handle(the batteries aresquare the handle is round) but I will proabably just make a new handle
regards HUCK

[This message has been edited by samurai-ub (edited 03-12-2005).]

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/12/05 11:00 PM

Salutations!

Ok, humor me for a second. Why put a non-lethal device on a deadly weapon? Kinda stupidly condradictory don't you think? Are you trying to shock them and then cut them up or cut them up and then shock them? What's the use? Its like putting screen doors on a submarine. And by the way, why are you sacrificing a rather nice $100 sword for this stupid endeavour of yours?

C. Roman

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 01:11 AM

white dragon

dear god why?

there is no reason to get abusive

I dont know about you but I dont plan on cutting anybody up with my weapons(I have quite a few)I keep them for aesthetic value mostly

Are you saying that you can think of no possible situation that does not require deadly force?

I could easly flip the blade around or perhaps touch with the side of the blade
How is it sacraficing a good blade the handle I make will most likely be better??

and another addage(sp?) If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all(thanks ma).

and lastly Why does it matter to you?

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 12:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by samurai-ub:
How is it sacraficing a good blade the handle I make will most likely be better??

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Oh wait you wern't joking were you. <Snort>

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 01:06 PM

ok smart guy
apperently you havent ever seen a paul chen handle they are made of cheap pine I make mine out of solid hand tempered oak

and how the #$%^ would you know anything at all about my skills ...or anyones for that matter you are obviously not that smart if you cant find anything better to do than talk @#$% on a web forum
pardon me everyone but people like this realy peave me

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 01:10 PM

It's not polite to laugh, Simon.

However, Sam-ub, I agree that it really isn't practical or necessary on a sword. On an iaito, however, it could be interesting. Practical, no. Silly, probably, but if you are a nerd, the ultimate weapon is one that you designed yourself.

If you are having problems with the battery, you might consider having it on your belt and hooking a wire up through a long-sleeved shirt like a fencer's body-cord; that would probably be easier than making the hilt to be twice as long.

However, please be careful. You need to worry about conductivity on the guard and pommell (You don't want to shock yourself into oblivion by touching the fittings), as well as accidentally weakening the tang or tsuka so that the thing breaks in use (especially if the hilt breaks, exposing your hands to the super-charged tang). You might be able to surpass these problems, but keep the thing at low voltage until you have fixed all the bugs.

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 02:57 PM

thank you ben (if I may) I am working on a handle very steeply(real word?)shaped like an hour glass (like a kat but more so) with most of the guts close to the hand guard and the battery will be close to the pommel with the wires in the middle.

I am also using a small piece of steel set about one inch above the pommel to sepeate the current

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 06:49 PM

[QUOTE]but if you are a nerd, the ultimate weapon is one that you designed yourself.[/QUOTE]

crap, I'd better get busy making a sword then, lol.

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/13/05 07:34 PM

the tazer in the blade is a great idea. as for the heat blade that is also a good i dea for non lethal encounters it would be more of a maming weapon then an original katana.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Tazer sword and heat sword - 03/14/05 12:10 PM

This topic is absurd. There truly is no point in having a sword of this kind. A sword has a blade for a reason. Tasers have their own distinct purpose as well. There is no benefit in combining the two. This is not a scifi forum; take this discussion to another forum.