non-lethal duels

Posted by: Anonymous

non-lethal duels - 03/08/05 12:02 AM

Well, to tell you the truth I know what I've learned from forums and books no actual training. Just wondering how many people would consider dueling with a rival using bokken/bokuto or a better choice shinai. I say better choice as in not as many injuries recorded and they are still dangerous.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/08/05 01:23 AM

As far as duels go, give me the shinai every day. with the kendo bogu, and a modicom of common sense, battles can be fought with very little injury. But I cannot stress enough how important the common sense factor is here. The people I spar with are all trained in one martial art or another and we all have respect for what we are doing. In spite of this, we have had injuries from sprained ankles to broken collar bones. Just as in any M.A. respect and care form the basis for mutual enjoyment.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/08/05 07:24 PM

To tell you the truth I would use some bokken or a pair of nunchukus and a pair of tonfas
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/08/05 08:17 PM

If you wanna go unarmored, you could try a fukuro shinai which is less likely to cause serious injury than a bokuto or a kendo shinai. You can still injure someone even with a fukuro shinai however. Proper training is paramount.
Posted by: schanne

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 06:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadowdragon:
Well, to tell you the truth I know what I've learned from forums and books no actual training. Just wondering how many people would consider dueling with a rival using bokken/bokuto or a better choice shinai. I say better choice as in not as many injuries recorded and they are still dangerous.[/QUOTE]

I think you watched "The Last Samurai" to many times. If you have to duel please use a Shinai, a bokken will crack your noodle!

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 09:52 AM

Charles,

Is this an actual fukuro shinai? I was trying to find them earlier and my web search brought me to http://www.kendogumdo.com/category/shinai-bamboo-sword/bps-05.php . I've never seen a partially wrapped shinai before, always only the regular or the fully covered.

It's an interesting site that lists sharpened aluminum swords under their "practice sword" section that are good for vegetable cutting and has a stainless steel blade listed as the "Official used by the Haidong Gumdo Federation" practice blade.

Thank you in advance for your answer, your knowledge and willingness to share it is appreciated.

Roman

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 11:01 AM

No a fukuro-shinai looks like this http://www.jinenkan.com/Shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=23&cat=Equipment

The bamboo under the leather cover is different from a standard shinai. I have no idea what that was in your picture.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 11:56 AM

Thank you, Charles. The whole site is...well, interesting is the nicest thing this Minnesotan can think of to say about it.

Cheers,

Roman

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 12:26 PM

Oh I didn't look the site over. Just went looking for a fukuro shinai on google.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 01:57 PM

Charles,

Oh, I wasn't referring to the site you referenced, (I actually saw particular site when I was trying to answer my own question), it was directed at the www.kendogumdo.com site. http://www.kendogumdo.com/category/practice-sword/

If you have time check out the practice swords and real swords. The descriptions and very appearance of these blades seem...interesting. I've not seen anything in my (albeit limited) research regarding "highest grade aluminum". Have you seen the zinc/aluminum alloy that most iaito seem to be made out of referred to as just aluminum? Additionally, if you feel these questions would be better answered over at swordforum just let me know and I can check over there.

Cheers,

Roman

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 03:16 PM

Well, as for the "crack your noodle" I know. I meant if the are your RIVAL. If you want to seriously injure not kill an opponent. And the last samurai was an awesome movie. Most of the gunmen were ignorant farmers but an awesome movie.

[This message has been edited by shadowdragon (edited 03-09-2005).]

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 03:39 PM

http://www.kendogumdo.com/category/shinai-bamboo-sword/bps-05.php

I think this is actually a "Fukuro Shinai" or "Bag Shinai" though it looks not the same as most others I`ve seen do. A Fukuro Shinai is a Shinai which is clothed within leather.
More common Shinai are for example here:
http://kendo.tozando.com/shinai/s136.html
(As you can see its bamboparts have the shape of the normal shinai)

or here:
http://at80.jp/shinai/sankou/shinai_sankou1.html
(Here is what can be under the "bag")

Oh, I searched for a further Photo of a Fukuro Shinai made by Tim Bathurst, who makes (under Grandmaster Hatsumi´s authority) the training weapons for the Bujinkan. I know they are really good, but unfortunately, the Site is closed up to August. But I found another interesting link:
http://at80.jp/shinai/shinai_histry.html

Here`are Fukuro Shinai of Yagyu-Style: http://www.bujindesign.com/weapons_bamboo.html

[This message has been edited by Wilf (edited 03-09-2005).]

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/09/05 03:43 PM

Personally, I'd prefer to fight them with a fencing epee, unarmored except for a mask. That would leave them quite bruised up and probably bleeding in a few places, but wouldn't kill 'em.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/13/05 05:19 PM

I meant if the[y] are your RIVAL. If you want to seriously injure not kill an opponent.
[/QUOTE]

Well if you want to go to jail for agravated assault with a weapon then I don't see why a bokken is any better than a stick or a lead pipe because this is essentially whats gonna happen if you fight your "RIVAL" with intention of hurting them. That is assuming that you win the fight and are not the one that gets all messed up (which incidently will most likely happen anyway if they are even worth being called a "rival").

~Glenn

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/21/05 05:54 PM

All right dj, I'll assume you are well versed in the law. But then again, if this makes no sense to you...think it's about honor. I am not a typical idiot who throws lead pipes around. I am studying the code of the samurai. I don't follow every rule though. Anyway I want an opponent to rue the day he fought me. Oh, and does anyone know of truly great swordsmen in the japanese style. I might go try to learn a thing or two.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 09:04 AM

In my town it's not rare for people to carry some type of wooden weapon with them (never a real one) and quite often people will setlle conflicks it's interesting to be a part of and to watch there's rule's and even a judge when two people wanna fight there has to be a third person present to judge the match and declare the winner and make sure no one cheat's there's many way's to the battle 1. dis arm your aponent 2. break your aponent's weapon 3.wear your aponent out to the point were they cant fight any more 4.or the one that most people try to avoid if your aponent get's injured bad enough the fight is stoped right away so no one is badly hurt the cop's around here dont even bother iterveening in battle's beacuse they know how well organized they are and how rare it is that some one get's badly hurt i asked one cop one time why they let everyone do this and he said "its better for people to settle conflicts with wooden weapon's then to have them go around and shoot eachother with gun's" that make's alot of sense to me of course im not condoning going out there and fighting people with any kind of weapon but it is a non lethal way to fight and make sure that it stay's non lethal.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 09:16 AM

According to your profile you're located in Aldergrove, British Columbia. Do you mean to tell me that the police allow folks to beat the tar out of each other with sticks where you are?

Can one of our Canadian members speak to this?

[This message has been edited by Charles Mahan (edited 03-24-2005).]
Posted by: cxt

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 09:22 AM

Lycao

Wow! When you tell a story, you sure make it a GOOD one.

Love to hear about the size of the last fish you caught.

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 03-24-2005).]

[This message has been edited by cxt (edited 03-24-2005).]

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 09:30 AM

no joke and yes the cops realy dont care it happens all the time here.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 10:17 AM

Lycao

Of COURSE its "no joke."

Full on stick fighting, sans pads, masks, gloves occurs EVERYWHERE and "ALL THE TIME."

And of COURSE "the cops don't care" why should they care about armed assault which puts folks in the hospital?

[IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG] >>

That would be "wink-wink" "nudge-nudge"
Posted by: glad2bhere

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 10:30 AM

Dear Charles:

"....According to your profile you're located in Aldergrove, British Columbia. Do you mean to tell me that the police allow folks to beat the tar out of each other with sticks where you are?....."

As I started reading this thread I cast back in my mind to a recent thread on SFI where a High School person wanted tips from sword people on "boffing". Then I thought about pet-owners who want cats without claws and dogs that can't bark. Then I remembered that we have Karate and TKD competitions where you don't really hit people, and paintball events where you don't really shoot people. Or how about people who want to adopt babies, because they're so cute, but not because they really want to raise children. I guess the theme I am picking up on are people who want to "write checks", but don't actually want to "spend money". I hope this isn't a sign of what will happen to the sword arts in another 50 years. What do you think? Four millenia reduced to adults chasing around hitting each other with sticks? FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 10:58 AM

If all you have is a closed mind then you can never truely except anything other then what you know and will never know true strenght - unknown

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 11:49 AM

Lycao

"Its important to keep an open mind--but not so open your brains fall out."

Anon--I think

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 11:54 AM

Dear CXT:

I had to smile a bit at your post. There was an exchange on E-BUDO (?) quite sometime back in which a DRAJJ person was taken to task about how defensive and secretive the art was about its practice and traditions and so forth. On that occasion one of the comments was about how "closed-minded" the DRAJJ people are. The response that was made was almost indentical to the one you made. Good call!

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 12:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cxt:

Lycao

"Its important to keep an open mind--but not so open your brains fall out."

Anon--I think
[/QUOTE]

lol thats a good one.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 12:53 PM

Glad

Hey, guy wishs to trade plaitudes, I can do that.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 12:57 PM

how can you save yourself when the one your running from is you-unknown

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 01:15 PM

Lycao

"sometimes you don't even know your in a box--until you step outside of it."

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 01:40 PM

I think i've herd that one before.

"When you look at a tree and only see a tree when you look at a feild and only grass when you look at a river and only see water when you see a storm and all you hear is the thunder then your truely deserving of pitty"-unknown

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 01:44 PM

Lycao

Last one, this is becoming tiresome--and pointless.

"Before I was enlightend, I saw a river as just a river, a rainstorm as a just a rainstorm, and a mountian as just a mountian.
Now that I am enlightend I know a river is just a river, a rainstorm is just a rainstorm and an a mountain is just a mountain."

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 01:59 PM

with out knowing nature's true beauty enlightenment is a falce dream-unknown

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 02:14 PM

with out knowing nature's true beauty enlightenment is a misspelled dream

oldman

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/24/05 02:54 PM

the law of equel exchange aply's to everything with out sacrifice nothing is gained and at the same time with sacrifice nothing is unatainable-unknown

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/25/05 11:25 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by the_Demented_one:
All right dj, I'll assume you are well versed in the law. But then again, if this makes no sense to you...think it's about honor. I am not a typical idiot who throws lead pipes around. I am studying the code of the samurai. I don't follow every rule though. Anyway I want an opponent to rue the day he fought me. Oh, and does anyone know of truly great swordsmen in the japanese style. I might go try to learn a thing or two.[/QUOTE]

OK I'm gonna assume for the sake of argument that you don't care about being thrown in jail for beating the heck out of someone (as long as its not with a lead pipe) for the sake of honor. Well thats fine with me just dont expect any sympathy when you aint got a stick and bubba is actively hunting your butt (litteraly). Following the code of Bushido is a wondeful thing... if you adapt it for the modern day (this means no rampant skull bashing). Its really simalar to the European code of Chivalry. BUT you cannot expect to bash someones head in over an honor dispute. If you must fight to save your honor, please do it in a hand to hand fassion.

On a more serious not... As for you studying "the code of the samurai" AKA Bushido I can recomend several books written by real samurai that you could help you with that (assuming you haven't read them already). By the way I mean you no ill thoughts when I type this, I just don't wanna see you go to jail over something thats totaly avoidable and unneccesary [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/wink.gif[/IMG]

~Glenn
Posted by: laf7773

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/25/05 11:55 PM

When you tell a story that is obviously not true and expect everyone to believe it you are only fooling yourself. -Me

Knock off the BS, no cop in his right mind would allow something like that to happen.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/26/05 10:23 AM

I would have to agree with using a shinai for dueling to start. After a few years of using a shinai on a regular basis and you learn control, then you can start upgrading to bokken and live steel, but control is the major issue. Never draw live steel on someone unless you both know that control is not an issue, or you have cause and are seriously ready to do major harm (including kill) the other person.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/26/05 05:27 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bushinoki:
Never draw live steel on someone unless you both know that control is not an issue, or you have cause and are seriously ready to do major harm (including kill) the other person.[/QUOTE]

How bout we change that to just, never draw live steel on another human being.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/26/05 05:32 PM

couldn't you knock someone out with a bokken?

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/26/05 06:40 PM

yes.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/27/05 07:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by laf7773:
"When you tell a story that is obviously not true and expect everyone to believe it you are only fooling yourself." -Me

Knock off the BS, no cop in his right mind would allow something like that to happen.
[/QUOTE]

It make's perfect sense actualy think about it would you rather want to deal with out of control people with gun's or out of control people with stick's (asumeing someone dose somthing deserving of a arrest.

Beleve me or dont it's none of my consern i know what happen's here you do not i onestly couldent care less weither even one person belive's me i was simply answering the origenal question you shouldent argue with people when somone's trying to ask a questioon it's just plain rude.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/27/05 11:52 PM

Well if you knew anything about law enforcement you would know why your story is unbelievable.

By the way, i'm not arguing with you. I stated my view, nothing rude about it. It's not my fault your story is as easy to see through as a window.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 12:51 PM

A window is just a pain of glass just like a mirror the only diffrence is that one you see the truth the other you only see what you want. You should realy stop stairing into the mirror it's obviousely makeing you unable to belive anything other then what you are told to be "right".

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 01:02 PM

Lycao

Please, please, pretty please stop jacking around on our forum.

Please.

Your wasting our time and yours, to no good purpose.

Keep it up and the mods will ban you anyway. So why not just chill and knock it off?

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 01:12 PM

hi all ,

ive spared before with tonfas, but only once with bokken, and those things REALLY hurt................

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 01:20 PM

This only barely touches on the subject but folks I train are often invited to use pads as a way of mitigating impact. This does NOT mean that the pads are there FOR impact. Rather the foam headpiece and fabric/foam pads are used for the (hopefully) odd slip. There are a couple of Japanese Ryu that are known to use such minimal protection, but again it is for the accidental rather than intentional "slip". FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 02:01 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lycao:
A window is just a pain of glass just like a mirror the only diffrence is that one you see the truth the other you only see what you want. You should realy stop stairing into the mirror it's obviousely makeing you unable to belive anything other then what you are told to be "right".[/QUOTE]

That made absolutely no sense what so ever. "One you see the truth the other you only see what you want"? Look I've been to Canada, as well as several other countries around the world, and in none of them have i seen people settling disputes in the streets with bokken or any other kind of stick. I have yet to see any law enforcement agency that would allow something like this. Maybe if you try a story a bit less far fetched. It's kind of narrow minded to think that no one on a forum like this has never been to or lives in your area.

The only "disputes" i have seen settle with the use of a stick of any sort in public was a couple of weeks ago when we took 3 cans of OC and an asp to a 5150 trying to stick a pen in one of our officers necks. It's a far cry from a couple of people who are supposedly mad at each other settling things with a couple of bokkens and a set of rules in public.

Lets say for the sake of argument that the cops in your area did ignore it. Do you really expect us to believe that two guys would choose to settle things in a structured duel using wooden weapons with a referee instead of just kicking the crap out of each other? You make it sound like everyone in your area practices some sort of stick art. Get over it the story is absurd.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 02:27 PM

I could see this in a third world nation where the police simply are not up to the task of promoting the public peace, but in Canada?

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 07:26 PM

I couldn't even see it in a 3rd world nation. How many pictures on CNN do you see of 3rd world inhabitants fighting a war with sticks?
I'd think guns would be more accessible over a bokken anyday, unless the bokken is a branch that fell off of a tree.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 07:28 PM

He's not talking about fighting a war, just smaller scale personal conflicts.

You'd be suprised how many folks fight wars with Machetes these days.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 07:38 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA this is so entertaining you think just beacuse the rest of canada dosent have this type of thing going on (that YOU know of)then it must be falce information and as far as that analegy it's pretty easy to understand it's not my fault you dont get it lol acourding to another thread your almost double my age and yet you act so childish by trying to proove me wrong when you have no proof at all but by all means keep argueing your point this is quite humorous lol but by all means ban me if you'd like it will simply proove that im right and you are truly even more childish then i suspected hahaha.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 07:46 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles Mahan:
He's not talking about fighting a war, just smaller scale personal conflicts.

You'd be suprised how many folks fight wars with Machetes these days.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly thank you finaly somone who get's it.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 08:06 PM

Oh I understood what you were claiming. I just don't believe it.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 08:09 PM

lol your not alown.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 08:55 PM

Proof? Why should i have to provide proof of anything? You are the one making the claims. The burden of proof is on you.

[QUOTE]lol your not alown.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean "alone". Since you have obviously missed it i gather that Mr. Mahan is saying he doesn't believe you either.

As for your "analegy", please feel free to explain. How does one allow you to see the truth and the other you only see what you want? Which is which? Why? How does it pertain to your "story"? How would me banning you prove you are right? You being banned would only mean you have worn out your welcome here in one way or another. It's obvious other members would be comfortable with the idea of not having to sift through your "stories" to get to more serious discussion. I personally could care less as it takes little effort on my part.

The simple facts are you made up the story. No big deal, move on. Just so we are clear if you start with the insults, foul language or start acting like a complete fool in order to get on my nerves i'll simple delete your posts and have you removed. There is no wonder there are so few here who actually have any experience. They don't feel like sifting through the childish BS, i'm not far behind them.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 09:35 PM

Lycao, it sounds like you are a 9y/o special education student. What do you think would be going on?(that made no sense) I personally doubt that all the police would allow this, although it would be fun to force them to. Now, as for dj I was the_demented_one you were talking to about honor. I don't have a problem with killing a few inmates. Not to mention I'm definetly anti-democracy, and I hate police,dentists,doctors,and elected officials, they happen to frequently screw up my life.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/28/05 10:37 PM

Proof? Why should i have to provide proof of anything? You are the one making the claims. The burden of proof is on you.

I assume you mean "alone". Since you have obviously missed it i gather that Mr. Mahan is saying he doesn't believe you either.

As for your "analegy", please feel free to explain. How does one allow you to see the truth and the other you only see what you want? Which is which? Why? How does it pertain to your "story"? How would me banning you prove you are right? You being banned would only mean you have worn out your welcome here in one way or another. It's obvious other members would be comfortable with the idea of not having to sift through your "stories" to get to more serious discussion. I personally could care less as it takes little effort on my part.

The simple facts are you made up the story. No big deal, move on. Just so we are clear if you start with the insults, foul language or start acting like a complete fool in order to get on my nerves i'll simple delete your posts and have you removed. There is no wonder there are so few here who actually have any experience. They don't feel like sifting through the childish BS, i'm not far behind them.
[/QUOTE]

AHHAHAHAHA your the one who keep's saying all this childish "bs" as you put it for example the entire thing you wrote above stop hideing behind what you think other people think if you wanna "delete my post's and ban me" then go ahead as i say'd before it'll prove you truly are childish lol and quite frankly i dont know how you could ever do any kind of martial art seeing as marial art's take take the ability to not get destracted or irritated which you obviously cannot haha you've prooven to be to easy to mess around with your begining to bore me you are simply far to weak minded to be of any more entertainment so stp talking to me or you'll become simply anoying hahaha.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/29/05 02:34 AM

That made absolutely no sense what so ever. "One you see the truth the other you only see what you want"? Look I've been to Canada, as well as several other countries around the world, and in none of them have i seen people settling disputes in the streets with bokken or any other kind of stick. I have yet to see any law enforcement agency that would allow something like this. Maybe if you try a story a bit less far fetched. It's kind of narrow minded to think that no one on a forum like this has never been to or lives in your area.

The only "disputes" i have seen settle with the use of a stick of any sort in public was a couple of weeks ago when we took 3 cans of OC and an asp to a 5150 trying to stick a pen in one of our officers necks. It's a far cry from a couple of people who are supposedly mad at each other settling things with a couple of bokkens and a set of rules in public.

Lets say for the sake of argument that the cops in your area did ignore it. Do you really expect us to believe that two guys would choose to settle things in a structured duel using wooden weapons with a referee instead of just kicking the crap out of each other? You make it sound like everyone in your area practices some sort of stick art. Get over it the story is absurd.

[/QUOTE]

I'm new on this forum, so I'm not trying to bash anyone at all. But I think I really got to agree here. That story about the stick fighting all over town made me think, at first, that he lived in some rural Japanese village. But Canada?? Nahhh. Not buying it.

~CF

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/29/05 04:21 AM

AHHAHAHAHA your the one who keep's saying all this childish "bs" as you put it for example the entire thing you wrote above stop hideing behind what you think other people think if you wanna "delete my post's and ban me" then go ahead as i say'd before it'll prove you truly are childish lol and quite frankly i dont know how you could ever do any kind of martial art seeing as marial art's take take the ability to not get destracted or irritated which you obviously cannot haha you've prooven to be to easy to mess around with your begining to bore me you are simply far to weak minded to be of any more entertainment so stp talking to me or you'll become simply anoying hahaha.[/QUOTE]

Well i guess you got me. You’re too good for me. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] Your the entertainment. Haven't you noticed no one believes you? Hard to believe with posts like this. Could we at least get a comma? Seriously it's time for you to stop, your making yourself look worse with every post. Knock it off and try to salvage what credibility you might still have.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/29/05 07:21 AM

Well, I'm sorry to pipe up here, but I have to. I live in Canada. And what lycao said, EVERYTHING, is ABSOLUTELY true. EVERYONE walks softly and carries a big stick up here. We are all prepared to defend our honor at the drop of a hat (or a slap of the glove, as the case may be).

The government even has classes on duel arbitration. I'm a card-carrying member.

However, we don't fight for just any reason. You have to be careful. Obviously, anyone could be better than you. That's why some of us (the serious ones, which I'm sure lycao is a part of) train in sword arts. We learn to unlock our chi and make fire and energy come out of our wooden sticks. It's an essential skill for guardians of the city. We can't let the rabble take over with _their_ sticks, you know.

And the cops are worse than useless. They will sit there, eating donuts and making wagers on fights. It's a good thing we have the Royal Canadian Ninja Police. You never see them, but they keep an eye on things. If a duel goes awry, they will terminate participants and witnesses and the referee will commit seppuku. That's why you never hear about those things -- either everyone's dead and no one can talk, or the matter is settled through the duel and no one talks.

I swear all of the above is true. You can think it's just the product of an overactive imagination and a desire to impress people or garner attention, but WE know that it's YOUR imagination preventing you from seeing the truth. Obviously, if no one believes a fact, the one who stated it initially is right, and everyone else is childish and delusional.

There, I think that matter is settled [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 03:19 AM

lol i see no one has anything to say now that someone's backed up my story haha go figure.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 06:10 AM

rofl splice, that was great.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 08:56 AM

lycao

Dude, if your not swift enough to get the sarcasim in Splice post.
Your not going to be fast enough to keep up around here.

I asked you as kindly and politely as I possibly could to please stop jacking around on our forum.
Sneering at such polite requests does not speak well of you.

You have only yourself to blame for the kicking around your going to get here, after that you will get banned.

Enjoy.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 03:29 PM

Do you realy thihnk i couldenttell he was jokeing hahaha thats just pathetic.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 04:23 PM

Lycao

What did you expect "jenius?"

Based upon your previous posts ie. the utter lack of common sense and comprehension.

(not to mention the lies)

I pretty much consider you a time wasting, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing idiot--and one that tells bad, sloppy designed lies as well.

Whose only real value to me is that kicking you around--textually speaking, is kinda fun, allows me to use a vocabulary/complex sentance structure that I'm sure you don't really follow, and get some stress out of my system.
Hopefully I can get to keep smacking you around for awhile before the mods ban you.

Not like its beyond the pale that you could NOT grasp sarcasim---since truth itself seems to have escaped you.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 07:26 PM

Al right Lycao I'm interested. Now I live In the US actually in Washington, I apologize if you don't know where I'm talking about. I will gladly arrange for a trip over there if you can get me some directions. You have defended your claim time and again so I'll just take your word for what everybody says it isn't. If you could get those directions.... oh hey, does everyone carry sticks or bokken. Just for future reference.

Re: non-lethal duels - 03/31/05 08:10 PM

Actually has anyone heard of hagakure. It's what I study. Just wondering if anybody recognizes the name, or the author/narrator Yamamoto Tsunemoto.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/01/05 09:47 PM

Fufufu do you realy think if you ban me that can stop me from posting ont this site it's hard to stop someone when from posting when they have the...let's call them "online skill's" i have lol

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/01/05 10:51 PM

Why would you want to return someplace you are unwanted? If i have you banned and you return i'll simply do it again. It takes far less effort on my part to remove you than it will for you to return. So how about you just make it easy on yourself and knock off the BS. That way no one has to get banned.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/01/05 10:52 PM

*whistling and "walking" down the forum. Comes upon this topic and reads..."

Lycao....
Canadians don't go running around with sticks. And considering your profile reads Tokyo, Japan, how the heck would you know anyway. I'm in Michigan, and I've been to Canada frequently (I plan on visiting more often now that I turned 19, woo hooo!). What you are saying is crap, everyone knows it, no one cares.
You're probably going to post something stupid like,

"hahaha, I jest put tht in my pfrile to mek u all thinkk i livd in japen!! yoo all soooooo stoooopid!"

Wanna take care of this guy?
Erase all his posts, all the threads he starts, and ban his butt. Eventually the 5 yr old will get bored of seeing his posts disappear and leave.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/02/05 04:42 AM

I asure you it takes next to no effort to gain a working acount and the reason i'd keep coming back is simply beacuse this is quite entertaining human's are so easy to mess with it's quite entertaining hahaha

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/02/05 03:21 PM

human's are so easy to mess with it's quite entertaining hahaha [/QUOTE]

Ah! I think I see the problem. We're not dealing with a member of Homo sapiens here. Probably a member of Homo erectus or maybe even Australopithicus.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/03/05 04:01 AM

case and point

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/03/05 04:43 AM

Game, set, and match?

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/03/05 09:08 AM

I was very sorry to read that, once again, an Internet venue that might have been used to bring folks closer together has been turned to use as a weapon. Not sure why folks would want to do this. Can't see how anyone will walk away a winner in this. In other areas, on other occasions, I have worked to understand why these things occur and have had little success with this. What I have noticed in the past is that quite often what starts as a little bit of "innocent goofing" is revealed for what it is, and when that happens the individual can pull back a bit. Sometimes this doesn't happen and in the past when the individual keeps going it is because there is something else going on with that person. I can't know what the case is here. What I Do know is that often times people hate for no reason and, rather than address that issue inside, they look for "safe" opportunities to release that infection into the world. Just a few things I have observed from time to time. FWIW.

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/04/05 01:47 AM

.........what the heck is that suposed to mean?

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/04/05 07:55 AM

What I think I am wanting people to hear in my post is that when someone sends in a post such as "...."hahaha, I jest put tht in my pfrile to mek u all thinkk i livd in japen!! yoo all soooooo stoooopid!"..." that it is more hurtful to what the people who run this Net want to do for the MA than helpful.

For quite a few years now I have argued in favor of including as many points of view as possible on these Nets because I think that in the West we have an advantage of beingable to talk openly which many traditional arts in the East cannot. This has a lot to do with culture that I don't have to go into right now. I think the downside to this is that in being able to talk freely we forget how easily things can get personal and then the management of a NET will step in and simply close the discussion down. When that happens, the nastiness is stopped but so is the communication. We need to learn to work-through how we communicate so that we can say WHAT is on our minds--- true enough--- but in such a way as to not have the thread closed because of HOW we are writing to each other. Does this help?

Best Wishes,

Bruce

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/04/05 05:30 PM

Lycao I must ask you about your profile. It has no indication of a real place. So why is it everyone thinks your in tokyo or actually in Canada. I am wondering if you aren't just an idiot who thinks he knows something. Laf, if you want you can delete some other topics of mine. Primarily the post of the_demented_one about kendo iaito and others in Spokane.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/04/05 09:45 PM

Lycao I must ask you about your profile. It has no indication of a real place. So why is it everyone thinks your in tokyo or actually in Canada. I am wondering if you aren't just an idiot who thinks he knows something.[/QUOTE]

hahaha that kind of petty responce is what make's this so entertaining.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:30 AM

bah screw it if you dont belive me that's not my problem but im sick of agrue my point with ignorent people im not posting in this thread anymore it's gotten boreing.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:33 AM

Well if you think that's funny then you will be thrilled to know that i know where you live.

You’re in Surrey BC, Canada. I've taken a look at your cities website and the place looks pretty civilized to me. I didn't see anything that would indicate the type of "problem resolution" you are describing. Here is a link to the history of Surrey.
http://www.city.surrey.bc.ca/Visiting+Surrey/About+Surrey/History+of+Surrey.htm

You can drop the act now. Your story isn't holding any water.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:44 AM

AHAHAHAHAH why the hell would i live in surrey the only reason that i'd live there is if i wanted to get shot or join a gang lol i have lot's of freinds that live there it has the highest drug activity in the area nice try though.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:46 AM

Nice try. Your IP address doesn't lie.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:50 AM

actualy it dose cuz your ip changes everytime you log onto the internet im not in surrey im in the town right beside surrey.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:57 AM

Is that near where the Saskwatch has been seen? Hmmmm...

[This message has been edited by Mushin Ryu (edited 04-05-2005).]

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 01:59 AM

I've herd that it's been seen in B.C. but im sure where not near where i live it's probobly up in the mountain's somewere.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 02:15 AM

Even for those who do have a randomly selected IP it will always give similar information, such as city, state/province, country and ISP.

Regardless of if you are in or near Surrey, it shows your statement to be a fabrication.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 02:25 AM

all tracking down someone's ip dose is tell you where there internet provider is and what statement are you talking about ? and how dose it prove that it's a fabrication ?

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 02:31 AM

Forget the tales you have spun already? I'm referring to your little tale of citizens armed with wooden weapons "settling conflicts" with the use of a referee and the cops just letting it happen. Surrey doesn't quite look like the type of town that would allow anything of the sort, or even a "town right beside Surrey".

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 02:37 AM

have you ever been to surrey NO talk to someone who has like me no they dont in surrey in surrey they use gun's cuz there's more then a few gang's there mainly the triades there also in vancouver stupid gang's.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 02:49 AM

Doesn't make your "story" true.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 02:53 AM

Dosent make it fake either.

Re: non-lethal duels - 04/05/05 03:20 AM

This is getting rediculous. Refer to the thread bearing your name.