A proper introduction and an apology

Posted by: Anonymous

A proper introduction and an apology - 02/22/05 03:21 AM

To All,

It occured to me that I have just come charging in here without so much as an introduction. i have been posting on the MA Talk forum for a couple of months now, but some of you may not peruse that particular area of the site. I am 29 years old, live in cambridge UK, and have 18 months training in Japanese sword under my belt. This was unfortunately in the school of 'Ken Kai Ryu' taught by the now infamous Bushido Academy, therefore not a recognised form (DOH!)
I have tried to distill the basics from what i learnt (basic cuts, footwork, parries, draw and re-sheath) and practice every day to improve my general harmony with the weapon.I now study with the Bujinkan and hope to transfer this familiarity to their weapon forms when i begin that area of the syllabus.
I waded in somewhat on the 'show your shinken' thread and have posted an apology directed at 'cxt' there, which i hope he will accept.
Look forward to talking to you all.
Cord.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: A proper introduction and an apology - 02/22/05 03:36 AM

Welcome to this section of the forum. I hope you will at least be able to pull something useful from the bushido academy. Even when training with frauds and fakes there tends to be something of value there, hidden among the muck. It's good to have another bujinkan practitioner around.
Posted by: cxt

Re: A proper introduction and an apology - 02/22/05 10:11 AM

Cord

No autopsy no foul.

Were cool.

Welcome aboard.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: A proper introduction and an apology - 02/22/05 02:40 PM

Thankyou both for your responses. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]