Your history

Posted by: Anonymous

Your history - 02/18/05 12:36 PM

What inspired you to start training with the sword? What art(s) do you study and how long have you trained? What other arts would you like to try?

I've always loved the japanese blade, but decided to never own one unless 1) it was a real blade, not a wallhanger and 2) I was trained in it's use. When I found out that there was Kenjutsu available in my area, I jumped at the chance.

I've been studying Shinkendo for only 5 months now, but have thoroughly enjoyed the experience so far. If given the chance, I may like to try Kendo and possibly Aikido some time in the future.
Posted by: Josef

Re: Your history - 02/18/05 01:47 PM

There was a spate of burglaries in my area, so I thought 'best be prepared.'
Posted by: schanne

Re: Your history - 02/18/05 02:20 PM

It all sounds good, I'll protect my family with my sword!!!! It would probably be easier to do it with a pistol. Plus I'm sure it would make a hell of a mess in your house if you wacked some one with a blade. Never even thought of my swords as home protection, it has to be a very painfull & horrible way to die.

Re: Your history - 02/18/05 03:48 PM

Started a new thread on the subject, please feel free to discuss it there. [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Josef

Re: Your history - 02/18/05 07:41 PM

Please don't ever tell me what they say about Americans and irony isn't true.

Re: Your history - 02/21/05 11:41 PM

Whatever yo guys say is a good reason...unless you say your homicidal. Anyways I just originally got a pair of katanas for christmas about 4 years ago from my uncle who had been stationed in Japan for about a year. It showed me how awesome they were and I started practicing. As for the practice I have a way to practice on my own I have to get into kendo though.