good sword?

Posted by: Anonymous

good sword? - 12/12/04 09:10 PM

what would be a good sword lenght and a good sword for someone that is 5'4" 170? thanks in advanced

Re: good sword? - 12/12/04 09:47 PM

It all depends of the style of swordsmanship you study and some personal preferences. Check with your instructor.

C. Roman

Re: good sword? - 12/12/04 09:57 PM

kendo

Re: good sword? - 12/13/04 08:11 AM

kendo doesnt really matter in height.. unless your sparring lolz.. but erm.. try getting a size 36' for a shinai.. that shud be balanced with your weight as for a katana. i dont think there are fixed lengths theres a 40' for standard and most katanas go for 39' to 42'so length doesnt really differ too much

Re: good sword? - 12/14/04 10:24 AM

I use a size 39 shinai as does my wife who is also 5'4". Shouldn't be a problem.

Re: good sword? - 12/15/04 10:32 AM

I'd suggest a six foot flamberge. If you could work out a way to draw it, no one would think that you could swing it in less than a minute. You would be constantly underestimated, and thus could not lose.

Re: good sword? - 12/15/04 10:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Benjamin1986:
I'd suggest a six foot flamberge. If you could work out a way to draw it, no one would think that you could swing it in less than a minute. You would be constantly underestimated, and thus could not lose.[/QUOTE]

LOL...

But seriously, European two-handers aren't even carried in a scabbard--they're shouldered like a rifle.

Re: good sword? - 12/19/04 10:09 AM

wow 5'4'' and 170...do fencing and burn some weight. Plus, fencing is a really fun sword style...even with right-of-way and electrical malfunctions...

Re: good sword? - 12/19/04 01:59 PM

i'm not fat just really stocky (not much fat on me) i also wrestle [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]