Anyone in Southen California that can give me Iai lessons in exchange for...

Posted by: Anonymous

Anyone in Southen California that can give me Iai lessons in exchange for... - 10/31/04 09:15 PM

Like a person (whitedragon_48) (forgive me if I put the wrong number at the end, I'm going from a memory...) told me, some teachers will teach in exchange for chores? I am very ambitious and want to learn Iai REALLY bad, but I don't have the cash...And even if you say something about "I can give a discount" I can't afford ANYTHING so...If you are like whitedragon, and will give lessons in exchange for chores, and live in Southern California, then please say something and maybe we can meet.....As always, thx,
-BCM

Re: Anyone in Southen California that can give me Iai lessons in exchange for... - 11/01/04 02:12 AM

I wish you the best of lucks! Don't ever quit!

Yours in Kenpo,

Carlos M. Roman, H.I. American Kenpo Karate Studios
Orlando, FL

Re: Anyone in Southen California that can give me Iai lessons in exchange for... - 11/02/04 09:32 PM

Thx =)
-BCM
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Anyone in Southen California that can give me Iai lessons in exchange for... - 11/04/04 10:41 PM

There are several places in the socal area that teach various forms of iaido but none under the conditions you are looking for. At least none i have seen.

Re: Anyone in Southen California that can give me Iai lessons in exchange for... - 11/11/04 10:54 AM

I have exchanged training for chores for a few of my students in the past. But usually, that type of training arrangment is more common in the Chinese arts than Japanese. I don't know if you'll find an Iaido instructor that will agree to such an arrangement. Personally, I trained under two Sifus that charged me in labor, so I try to return the favor to my students. I can't offer you Iaido, but I do teach Jing Chuan kung fu in San Bernardino, Ca. I offer weapons training, but I teach multiple weapons, and not just swords. I am currently seeking a new disciple because mine is only a few months away from completing his training. I have been training for over 15 years now in Wu Ji, Northern Shaolin, Chin Na, Shuai Chiao, the Nguyen Family Monkey style (a vietnamese off-shoot of the southern monkey style), and peices of many other Chinese and Japanese systems. I founded the Jing Chaun Wushu system. If you are interested, athletic (my style is not for everybody), and serious about training in a true formless combat art, send me an email at sifu_mcconahy@lycos.com. Please include your measurments, previous training, and a photo. I'll send you an application. Thanks, and good luck.

Sifu Skyler McConahy
Straight-Fist Kung Fu Academy

[This message has been edited by SifuSkyler (edited 11-11-2004).]