looking for a school in southeastern MN

Posted by: Anonymous

looking for a school in southeastern MN - 06/27/04 06:49 PM

live in LaCrescent and i can't find a school or anything.

please help
Posted by: Salek

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 06/27/04 07:43 PM

Hey dude!!! I am from Minnesota too!!!! Do you study and weaponless arts?

Come on man tell me about yourself!

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 06/27/04 10:10 PM

hey
i am from La Crescent,(6 miles from the wisconsin border)

i want to learn wu shu, iaido, or ninjitsu,

i am in fencing and i really want to start some of my friends into weaponless

how bout yourself

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 06/28/04 08:49 AM

as in weaponless i mean jujutsu, i just started
Posted by: laf7773

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 06/28/04 05:19 PM

The closest Bujinkan school to you is about 145 miles north near St. Paul. There may be a study group of sorts in your area though. you may want to call them and see if they know anyone in your area that is teaching. It's the Bujinkan Mizu Nagare Dojo. you can find it at http://www.winjutsu.com/winlinks.html

As for iaido or wushu i can't help you there. Look around for an aikido school there. Some teach a loose for of iaido there. May be the closest you will come, or at least they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 06/30/04 12:37 PM

Hey I live in paynesville about 2 hours from the cities and I study Shotokan Karate. I am looking for a Kendo or Iaido school... You should join CMK (Central Minnesota Karate) its not a mc dojo at all! Its very authentic and I think it has a school some what near you... Not sure though... here is the sight try it out
www.centralmnkarate.com

[This message has been edited by Salek (edited 06-30-2004).]

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 07/03/04 05:26 PM

I found a school in Rochester for kendo, and one in ST. Paul for Iaido, and one in Minneapolis for Kendo are any of these locations good?

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 11/05/04 04:14 AM

Hey guys I teach Aikido at a Kenjutsu school in St. Paul. For you guys in the southern part of the state, you may want to check out the Aikido club in Mankato
Posted by: Kaoru

Re: looking for a school in southeastern MN - 11/15/04 01:33 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Salek:
I found a school in Rochester for kendo, and one in ST. Paul for Iaido, and one in Minneapolis for Kendo are any of these locations good?[/QUOTE]

Hi!

Yes, all three are excellent. I have trained with both Kendo sensei, and I would highly recommend both. I am currently practicing with the Minnehaha Kendo Club in Minneapolis. I have talked to Peterson-sensei of the Mutokai Iaido dojo in St. Paul and he seemed very knowledgeable. I think he teaches Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido, if I remember right.

Before you go visit, be sure to call the sensei first to ask permission to watch a practice. This is standard and proper etiquette.

Good luck!

Oh, and sorry for the doue post, It posted fore I could write wha I wanted. oh well! And, I could not find the edit button. Where is it?

Kaoru