Seems like i Need laf7773!

Posted by: Anonymous

Seems like i Need laf7773! - 05/21/04 08:34 AM

Hey man hope you'll read this, I've posted a topic relating my desire to find a good quality Katana, but with NO sharpened edge on it, basically i want a blunt sword...
Can you help me? I've tried contacting a couple of people (links that i've followed from here) hoping to have an answer!
Help :P
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Seems like i Need laf7773! - 05/21/04 09:08 AM

What are you planning on using it for? Most unsharpened swords (iaido)are made of zinc/aluminum alloy. They can't be used for say two people practicing on each other. They aren't for cutting or hitting things with. If you were to find a company that will sell you a real blade unsharpened it's still going to cost you about $4000 and it's not going to look like what you think because it will be un pollished with no fiittings. If you are looking to practice with someone you should use a bokken or a shinai. If you would like a quality iaito i have a good site in Japan. You will have to use a currency converter. This site has a basic begginers kit with iaido, iaido gi/hakama set, knee pads, imitation leather sword case, sword cleaning kit and a cotten obi all for less than $360US. There is a lot of other good things on the site too. http://www.tozando.com/eng/sale/ipc.html

Let me know what you are planning on doing with it and maybe i can help more.

[This message has been edited by laf7773 (edited 05-21-2004).]