katas

Posted by: Rubble

katas - 04/26/04 11:41 AM

im goin 2 be entering a competion were im goin 2 make up a kata with the boken (Sorry bout my spellin if i spelt it wrong)my chouse in this wepon is i am a biginer 2 wepons and dont fancy choop sumthing of learn how to use a sword . i av about 4 months to prepar it. .i havent been useing the boken for long so as u can imagine i am strugling in what to do. i am familiar with the blokes and and strikes avalible with this wepon but am avin troubles strining them together so any ideas would be apreciated.
Posted by: schanne

Re: katas - 04/26/04 02:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rubble:
im goin 2 be entering a competion were im goin 2 make up a kata with the boken (Sorry bout my spellin if i spelt it wrong)my chouse in this wepon is i am a biginer 2 wepons and dont fancy choop sumthing of learn how to use a sword . i av about 4 months to prepar it. .i havent been useing the boken for long so as u can imagine i am strugling in what to do. i am familiar with the blokes and and strikes avalible with this wepon but am avin troubles strining them together so any ideas would be apreciated. [/QUOTE]

Yes, buy a dictionary. There are many Kenjitsu and Kendo tapes that you can buy online to give you some ideas. Try a kata with four points. Forward, reverse, right side and left side with matching techniques at all four points. Start by showing respect to your weapon by kneeling and bowing to the blade, finish your kata with rei too. Boken is spelled bokken....good luck.
Posted by: Rubble

Re: katas - 04/26/04 02:40 PM

cheers m8 and i am sorry about my spelling
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: katas - 05/18/04 08:22 PM

are you from auistralia?