My Long Path

Posted by: long spiritual path

My Long Path - 02/15/04 12:41 AM

Hi,my name is Enrique, and I'm 24yrs., and for the longest time I have been wanted to move from my mom's house. I'm going to be a student of the sword, but I need a teacher. I have made a desicion in my life that I want to dedicate myself to learning how to flow with the sword. I wanted to know that if any school out in the world would take in a student who will travel any part of the world to learn (as long as the teachers speaks English), I need to do this without the aid of my family, nor my friends, I cook and clean. I know this sounds like a personal resume, but I want to leave knowning the there is a room out there. All I need is a teacher and a room, and I will be happy to learn. I'm a strong and patictiant student, I love peace and quite, I'm not a roudy and loud person. If anyone like a dedicated student, or anyone can direct me, I will most happy, thank you.
-Enrique
Posted by: Amos Smith

Re: My Long Path - 02/15/04 08:09 PM

While there may be an uchideshi program somewhere, if you can't find one, do like most of us...find a school you like, get a job and get your own place. We have dojo across the nation where this plan will work.
www.chicagobudokai.com

Amos
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: My Long Path - 05/16/04 08:32 PM

i agree with you. you dont need to have a place to sleep at a school. all you need to do is rent an apartment near the place you want to go to learn to 'flow with the sword'(i thought the saying was to be one with the sword? they mean the same thing any ways)