Kendo

Posted by: Myoubi

Kendo - 04/27/03 12:51 PM

Ok, I have been very interested in Kendo for a long while now and I have done quit a bit of research on it. I know of a place where i can take kendo too. One problem, I have never practiced any form of Martial Arts before and I am curious as to if I should start out with another form of martial arts before I take Kendo. I am curious about this because I have read that you should have experience with some form of martial arts. Is this true? Please reply to this asap if you have any ideas or advice for me on this subject.thankyou
Posted by: Rikimaru

Re: Kendo - 04/30/03 10:53 AM

I think you're just a little nervous. Kendo is the way of sword so the size of your opponent shouldn't matter much. Intemidate you maybe. In any case every martial art that I have joined they treat you as if you just started no matter how long you have been training. Since you really just started you should feel comfortable. Then again I live in America I don't know how any sesei's would teach in any other country. I wish you luck in starting your martial arts and train safely.......safe but you have to be somewhat rough. "No Pain, No Gain"
Posted by: JohnL

Re: Kendo - 04/30/03 01:12 PM

Kendo is taught to children at an early age, as such, no previous martial arts experience is required.

If you are interested, go, enjoy, have fun.

JohnL
Posted by: LJL1734

Re: Kendo - 05/16/03 07:32 AM

I say go for it ! There are too many people that would give anything to have Kendo available to them. Consider yourself lucky and go Learn. Don't wait, tomorrow is promised too no one! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]

Best of luck on your journey