SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak

Posted by: JAMJTX

SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak - 10/18/07 02:22 PM

I just got this email. I suspect many on the board have. I just thougt I'd post it just in case. If your a regular here you probably would avoid it anyway. But you want to advise new students and others who may be tempted;

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello:

I am an independent archival research and I have
japanese sword (katana) with the blade from XVIII
century and I would like to sell it for the reasonable
price. If you think you could have an interest in such
antique item, please keep me inform. I also have a
tanto from XIX century.

I am waiting for your answer.

All the best.

Pawel
Shipwrecks.Research@yahoo.com
Posted by: Halley

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - 10/18/07 02:33 PM

I've seen other similar scam warnings on other forums regarding a Pawel Novak, from Poland.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - 10/18/07 02:46 PM

Wow, is he still trying to pull this scheme? He's been at it for years. Steer clear folks. This is about as legit as those lottery winners in Nigeria.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - 10/18/07 03:54 PM

I've tweaked the subject and made this post sticky. I'll leave it up for awhile to make sure the word is still getting around.
Posted by: aeclark82

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - 12/27/07 02:12 PM

Quote:

Wow, is he still trying to pull this scheme? He's been at it for years. Steer clear folks. This is about as legit as those lottery winners in Nigeria.

Maybe the lottery winners are a scam.. but those doctors from Nigeria that want to give you a certain amount of money for giving them your bank account information to help them (basically) screw their government out of taxes are completely legit!!
Posted by: pinku

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak - 02/15/10 07:25 AM

hiiiiiiiiiiiii
I have decided not to buy your sword. ... Everything you sent me will serve as a warning to others who ..... His life appears to conform to a pattern of cutting and running from one scam to the next. ... Hi, I currently have Pawel Nowak baiting me up this last 2 days by email for a sale. ...
Posted by: spence.smith

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak - 03/29/10 05:33 AM

A true hero, fighting for everything thats right in the world! One hand on a sword of justice, the other saving kittens from a burning house.

Posted by: Kathryn

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak - 03/29/10 01:23 PM

This guy found me through my own website a couple of weeks ago.
Posted by: house237

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak - 12/07/10 01:59 AM

nice .. good day
Posted by: Mark Jordan

Re: SWORD SCAM WARNING - Pawel Novak - 12/07/10 02:29 AM

Thanks for posting this. So, he's still out there ha!