Iaito from Token Mino?

Posted by: Ian_Johnson

Iaito from Token Mino? - 07/02/07 08:37 PM

www.iaito-katana.com

Have any Iaidoka here owned one who can give us some feedback? I won't be buying an iaito for a while, and when I do my sensei will give me the best recommendation on what to buy, but I was curious about these.
Thanks.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Iaito from Token Mino? - 07/02/07 09:29 PM

Hello Ian. I don't know anyone at the dojo who has one from that supplier. I do know that we have swords from Swordstore, E-bogu, and JapaneseSword.net. Ask around and we can probably find you an example to swing.
Posted by: pgsmith

Re: Iaito from Token Mino? - 07/02/07 09:37 PM

Hi Ian,
Token Mino is one of the large suppliers in Japan. Many of the on-line stores sell Token Mino as one of their iaito lines, although not necessarily under that name. While I've never owned one, I have held and messed with a couple. Good quality, on par with Meirin Sangyo.
Out of curiosity, where do you practice?

Never mind, Charles answered my question while I was typing!

Re: Iaito from Token Mino? - 07/03/07 01:49 PM

Thanks guys.
Charles, was it Swordstore that some people have had reliability issues with lately? I couldn't remember which company some people had had problems with.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Iaito from Token Mino? - 07/03/07 03:39 PM

We can talk about Swordstore at the dojo if you like. I don't know of any particular reliability issues. They just aren't as good as they used to be.

Re: Iaito from Token Mino? - 07/03/07 04:54 PM

Ah, gotcha.

Also, as a sort of cross-reference to your post, Paul, I think Aoi Budogu gets their swords from Token Mino (or whomever makes Token Mino).

www.budo-aoi.com/iaito/

At least all their promotional material looks the same with different fitting configurations.