Dagorhyr

Posted by: fatguy

Dagorhyr - 01/12/07 11:04 AM

Just curious if anyone here plays this? I personally do not but have many friends who do. Im also not sure as to how popular it is. I know its a national organization. For those who dont know it is simmilar to those shinai wars video's except they use home made swords from pcv pipe and foam. It may be called Eryndor and Dagorhyr is the chapter my friends are part of, or its the other way around. Just curious if anyone has a clue as to what im talking about.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Dagorhyr - 01/12/07 12:01 PM

What you are referring to is an organization dedicated to boffer weapons, and boffer fighting. Boffer is the more or less generic term for the foam covered pvc(sometimes bamboo or even fiberglass) weapons which are used to flail upon ones enemies.

While boffer fighting is a great deal of fun, and a phenomenal cardio workout, it is not widely considered to be a genuine martial art and as such is outside the scope of this forum.
Posted by: fatguy

Re: Dagorhyr - 01/12/07 12:08 PM

hmm.... boffer.. well thanks for the info, feel free to delete.. then again you dont really need my permission anyway.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Dagorhyr - 01/12/07 12:16 PM

While it is off topic, I don't see any reason to delete the post. Just pointing out that this isn't really the best place to find information about Dagorhir(which is the correct spelling).

BTW, for those that might be curious, what seperates Dagorhir from the other boffer orgs, is that Dagorhir is Middle Earth based. Dagorhir refers to itself as a "Live Action Battle Game".