Woku

Posted by: laf7773

Woku - 09/01/06 08:56 AM

I've noticed you hold a high opinion of your self. Not that this is a bad thing but you seem to be looking down your nose at a lot of people here and have managed to insult the forum in general with comments like
Quote:

There is a lot of elitism on this board, and, while many of them mean well, they don't know much.

In the one day you have been here you have disapproved of stylized or "commercial" martial arts yet have stated that you charge $200 for your own classes.

How about before you continue to post with the "all seeing, all knowing" attitude you have used thus far you impart a little knowledge about your self and your background first, just some simple questions nothing difficult.

How long have you been training?

Since you practice "no style", what are the influences on your training?

Where do/did you teach?

Where in China are you and why? (this is purely optional and only for informational purposes to try and gather and understanding of you).

While it isn't "mandatory" that you answer these questions just keep in mind that the chances of you being taken seriously without any kind of background on you is slim to none.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Woku - 09/01/06 09:49 AM

As a moderator, I would like to say welcome to the forum Woku. I too am interested in your training background. There are a lot of schiesters in the US pushing all manner of made up crap. A number of them charge a lot of money for what they've made up in the backyard or absorbed at a handful of seminars. I'm not saying you are one of them, but it's hard to know until you have told us a bit about yourself.

I would also ask you to refrain from proselytizing. It is one thing to be proud of what you train in, talk positively about it's benefits, etc. It's quite another thing to deride people for training in any other way. You are VERY unlikely to win converts on the forums. Some of us have been training in what we do for several years and aren't particularly likely to jump ship anytime soon.

One last thing, I invite you to sign with your real name. It is not a rule on this forum, but it does imply a certain willingness to stand behind the things that you write.
Posted by: Woku

Re: Woku - 09/02/06 12:34 PM

Where I am in china is not actually relevent, and I am surprised you would expect me to give you personal info with your rather rude attitude. Typical american, typical rudeness, typical fear what you do not understand mentality, typical sense of entitlement, as if I owe you my life and it's story, arrogant, I find it sad. As far as being taken seriously, I find it funny you think I care about that. I also find it sad that you would attack and write a post about me when I have said so little here. I am so quick to insult people here you say, I made one comment, hich I see you jumped upon and quoted from me, good for you. Thats very sad, that it took you only 12 hours to find someone to attack, and denounce for their behavior. I would say you have to much time on your hans, but that much is obvious. I do not see anyone worth taking seriously, and, though I find my time here boring when I am not teaching or watching tv that pretty much sucks, I won't fill it any longer with posts to this sight. I find your total lack of input from anyone other then those who share your views quite morbid and weak. I find you and to be objectionabale, and I find I am bored, and done entertaining you. I came here looking for signs of life, signs of individual thought, all hail the collective seems to be the note of thought here. Good riddance to a very poor excuse for a martial arts sight, freedom of expression is dead.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Woku - 09/02/06 04:07 PM

Typical response from someone with something to hide actually sounds familiar though i can't put my finger on who it was at the moment.

While i agree the tone of some of my post was a bit "rude" it wasn't the intention, just came out that way. However while i only quoted on statement from you the over all tone of most of your posts here has been condescending. In light of your most recent postings i don't think there is a need for me to quote you again.

As for the relevance of the question about your location and reason for being in China, i stated with the question it was purely for my understanding of who you are and was optional. The fact that you completely ignored my other questions on the basis that you "don't care" if people take you seriously is a trollish line of thought. The pretence about divulging your "personal info" here being rude is nothing more than an excuse, i didn't ask for an address and phone number just a general location and reason.

You obviously have something to hide and know less than you would like us to believe, as you have provided nothing to back up your rantings. Nothing about your training, nothing about your background, no technical proof what so ever. Only the "it's true because i say it is" mentality. I think it's irrelevant that you claim to be leaving the site as your type always have to pop back in and see if anyone is talking about you. Regardless i see your time here as being very short.

Enjoy your time in China

Sorry Charles.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Woku - 09/02/06 07:17 PM

Not your fault Lane. A shame he chose to react that way. Your questions were quite reasonable given his posts.
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Woku - 09/02/06 09:40 PM

Sorry if I'm butting into the Moderator's chat (Hi, Laf, long time no see), but I have something to say, and I'm not bound by their neutrality to refrain from saying it.

Woku, you were extremely offended when we asked you who you were. Look at us. Using my username and signature, and with three seconds on Google, you could come over and meet me. I'm the only Ben on the team. Come by and say hi sometime.

Look at Charles, using his full name and revealing his style and location in full.

Look at Paul, who has placed directions to his dojo on this forum on several occasions.

We aren't exactly very secretive folks. We place great value on knowledge earned. When someone makes bold and different claims, we obviously wonder where they learned it from. There is so much misinformation in the world that an intelligent discussion between two different people with opposing viewpoints is a pleasure. However, when asked for your qualifications, you called us typical, rude Americans.

Now, you claim that we are ganging up on you. Well, some of the things you have said are outright insulting. Do you truly think that the only reason someone would object to using a plastic bokken is because they are too wound up in tradition to accept change? You essentially said as much. When I posted my reasoning and thoughts, you outright insulted me and my profession.

Do you truly want us to believe that you charge $200 a month for school and then in the next thread, say that you do not believe in "style", when you then proceed to say that Charles' ego is too big to allow him to accept Bruce Lee's "no style" philosophy. I could go on, but there would be no point.

There was only one person who wore out your welcome, yourself.
Posted by: splice

Re: Woku - 09/03/06 04:57 AM

A choice of quotes from our dear Woku:

Quote:

Typical american, typical rudeness, typical fear what you do not understand mentality, typical sense of entitlement, as if I owe you my life and it's story, arrogant, I find it sad.

I would say you have to much time on your hans, but that much is obvious.

I find you and to be objectionabale, and I find I am bored, and done entertaining you.

No offense, but your grasp is very much on the surface of this philosophy, and you need further understanding. Basically you need to get your head out of your ego.

Oh, and I'm not surprised your threatened,

As long as you respect my opinions' I'll respect yours.

Woku is not here for discussion. Like so many before him, he's here to show us the true path, which of course has nothing to do with what we do, what our teachers do, what theirs do, and so on back on to Japan and their home.

No, Japanese Swordsmanship has to do with Jeet Kune Do, and how we're all sheep that follow each other and we're unoriginal and the real way rests with an anonymous internet nutjob who will not say a thing about his experience and training, whose wisdom is limited to saying that you shouldn't follow a style, and plastic bokken are teh c00l.

If we won't obligingly drink the sweet nectar that are his words, he's not interested in staying. That's fine with me, why don't we help him on his way out?