Katana sword ... a REALLY dumb question for newbie

Posted by: Honey

Katana sword ... a REALLY dumb question for newbie - 02/04/06 04:25 PM

I apologise for my "dumb blonde" question before I even ask it, but I am DESPERATE for some help and this was the only place I could find where I may find someone who can answer it for me!!

I won a Brass Dragon Katana sword on ebay recently. It's for display purposes only, I'm well aware of this, but it's a beautiful sword and I wanted to buy it for hubby. In the ebay advertisement it shows the sword out of the scabbard, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the darn thing out of it now I have it here!!!

Is there some trick to removing the sword from the scabbard? I don't want to clean it, disassemble it, fight with it, or anything like that, I just want to see what it looks like. Can anyone please help me? I've emailed the seller and he hasn't had the courtesy to reply!

Thanks,

Rob.
Posted by: Dudley32

Re: Katana sword ... a REALLY dumb question for ne - 02/04/06 04:49 PM

It should just pull out, possibley because it is new it is hard to pull. Maybe you arent pulling hard enough.

Matt
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Katana sword ... a REALLY dumb question for ne - 02/04/06 05:15 PM

Do you have a link that might include pictures? With a name like Brass Dragon Katana, it could be absolutely anything. Seeing a picture would be helpful.
Posted by: hyaku

Re: Katana sword ... a REALLY dumb question for newbie - 02/04/06 07:14 PM

If this is what you have I'm sorry to say that you has best just hang it on the wall and not mess with it.

http://www.5stardeal.com/expand.asp?pid=6900&subcat=242
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Katana sword ... a REALLY dumb question for ne - 02/04/06 09:55 PM

Is the blade tied or fastened to the scabbard somehow? It is quite possible that there is a subtle tie or latch that was put on for shipping that you are missing.