Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ)

Posted by: NathanZhang

Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 01/07/06 08:14 AM

I practice Wushu Taiji Jian, the 32 form version. I'd like to know some things about the practical applications of this swrod form. I was informally instructed in the use of the chinese straight battle-sword by my aunt, who is a certified Taijiquan and taijijian instructor in China. (She teaches at Dongdan Gongyuan in Beijing). I'd like to know,

1.) when is the sword (hopefully sharpened) a useful tool to use inm case i get attacked at close range (say, eg, i happen to be walking to the park to practice and a Satanic Goth kids jumps me to sacrifice me to his demon rulers... would slaying him there be a wise thing?)(and how, if i should slay him, what techniques would work (plez provide pinyin or pengyuem or Wade-Giles names, as i was trained in the Chinese language rather than the english, and i understand some cantonese and hokkien but not a lot.) to put him on the gorund so i could armbar him, what could i use to slit him so he falls, etc).

2.) I know i should've restated my question, but what, if i am challenged to a sword-armmed lei tai fighter, should i use if i want to beat the challenger. Just give me names of techs in pinyin or Wade-Giles or pengyuem.

3.) This has nothing to do with the original, but i'm sure has never been posted (plez notify me with a link to the original if it has): Who createdd my style of Taiji jian?

Thank you all.

(TO MODS: I know i sound a little fantastical, but i happen to be diagnosed as a megalomaniacal paranoid confused ADD victim. sorry if i was being a little immature in my posts, but now you know the reason. )
Posted by: oldman

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 01/07/06 07:10 PM

Quote:

(TO MODS: I know i sound a little fantastical, but i happen to be diagnosed as a megalomaniacal paranoid confused ADD victim. sorry if i was being a little immature in my posts, but now you know the reason. )

I would not have guessed. We will have no problems as long as we all adhere to the rules of the site. Welcome.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 01/07/06 11:10 PM

Nathan,

Typically speaking, this kind of fantasy land what ifs are not what this forum was meant for. If you are asking about serious applications of what you've learned, which kinda implies you will be prowling around parks at night with a sword hoping to be jumped so that you can kill people, you need help. If you are asking about theoretical application, then talk about theoretical application. Keep the comparisons within the context for which your sword art was created.

Swords are not useful for self defense anymore. There is some debate as to whether or not they might be useful in home defense, although personally I find it a silly choice. A pistol is far more useful in the tight spaces of the average home, and far easier to explain to

As to the history of your style, well we are probably not the best people to ask. I would recommend talking to your instructor. They should be able to at least point you in the right direction. Certainly better than we could.
Posted by: Walter Wong

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 01/09/06 11:03 AM

You and your sword classmate should take a wooden jian/straight sword each, both wear eye protection like sports or carpenter goggles, and with control have a go at it and see how well you apply what you do from your form. This should give you an idea how well you may actually fight with this weapon. At my Kung Fu school we do this frequently as part of sword practice.

I agree with the rest here that you won't find yourself defending yourself with a sword on the street. Just train hard in your school and don't concern yourself so much with fighting people on the street with swords. Guns, knives and sticks are the common street weapons now. If you want a modern street weapon to defend yourself with, get involved with training that teach you how to properly defend yourself with those mentioned weapons. Cause you just can't arm yourself on the street with a sword these days.

[moderator edit] Paragraph removed at posters request [/moderator edit]
Posted by: GryphonCommander

Stupid Trolls: Your Questions are answered!!! - 01/24/06 11:21 AM

Well, you need to talk to your instructor about the apps.

As for the others,

I remember on Bullshido there was a kid, a n00b, who everyone trolled just for fun. Let's not let our masculinity overpower our patiences this time, because we are not all Bullshido fans, allright?

Onto you all!
Posted by: Walter Wong

Re: Stupid Trolls: Your Questions are answered!!! - 01/24/06 11:29 AM

Interesting. I fell into that one. I should've kept my mouth shut.
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 01/24/06 01:00 PM

My little friend, aside from the legal issues of carrying a live sword on the street (highly illegal in the US, Europe, and Japan with very specific exceptions), you have a major problem with your senario. Gangs don't generally attack people who can defend themselves, so if you are carrying around a sword, your biggest worry would probably be a sawed off shotgun. Good luck dealing with that.
Posted by: GryphonCommander

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 02/09/06 03:02 PM

Quote:

My little friend, aside from the legal issues of carrying a live sword on the street (highly illegal in the US, Europe, and Japan with very specific exceptions), you have a major problem with your senario. Gangs don't generally attack people who can defend themselves, so if you are carrying around a sword, your biggest worry would probably be a sawed off shotgun. Good luck dealing with that.

Maybe I should flame YOU, just like Us Bullshidicks did to that poor wittle n00b.

On second thought, you are incompetent enough to not read an above post TELLING you not to troll posts, so you should just resolve this by suicide, BIOTCH!

I'll tell y'all, this post is officially dead. Mods and Admins, MARK MY WORDS!!!!!
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 02/09/06 04:06 PM

Quote:

Profanity and rude behavior will not be tolerated by anyone. We can have fun and joke around with out the personal attacks.

Trolling will not be tolerated.

Consider this warning number one. There won't be another.
Posted by: taijidave

Re: Wushu 32 form taijijian (WS32FTJJ) - 02/22/06 10:12 AM

Suggest you look at the work of Professor Li de Yin or his Uncle Li Tien Jie.(Beijing) I am surprised your Aunt did not mention them, this should sort you out,for better or worse, good luck anyway, Dave