Iaido vs. Kendo

Posted by: raist0430

Iaido vs. Kendo - 05/27/05 04:41 PM

ive had very very basic training in Iaido and Kendo i love them both . on doctors orders i must excercise . im wondering wich i should get back into any suggestions . im torn lol but it is one or the other and unfortunatly i cant afford both lol
Posted by: Satori_Ryu

Re: Iaido vs. Kendo - 05/27/05 09:07 PM

Do you have a different instructor for both of them or is it the same person? If they are different, then I would choose the better one. Do they cost the same? Kendo and Iaido mentally work toward the same goal. If you don't have enough money, just taking one will help you with the other if you choose to take it in the future.
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Iaido vs. Kendo - 05/27/05 11:09 PM

If it's exercise you're after, both will deliver but in different ways. Iaido is more of a strength building activity. It's not all that aerobic usually. Kendo from what I've seen would be the better choice for aerobic exercise. Neither are going to be as efficient as a regular workout routine in a gym, but they are somewhat more satisfying.
Posted by: Ktulu

Re: Iaido vs. Kendo - 06/01/05 02:44 PM

Do both classes run at the same time? If not, why not take both? Kendo and iaido both compliment eachother and you will learn easier taking double the classes.