Last Legend Katana?

Posted by: V34

Last Legend Katana? - 05/19/05 10:18 AM

HI, I am new here and am have been practicing Kenpo and Brazilian Ju Jitsu for about 4 years. I recently started practicing C.S.-Batto Jutsu with a katana. Right now I own a Cold Steel Warrior and am thinking about buying a Last Legend Custom made folded Katana. Does anyone own one or have any info about them before I spend $1000.00 USD?
Posted by: Charles Mahan

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/19/05 11:27 AM

What is C.S. Batto-jutsu? What does your sensei say about the Last Legend stuff?
Posted by: Walter Wong

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/19/05 12:04 PM

Last Legend were designed for competition cutting. Competition cutting is a different emphasis from the actual combat. For actual combat, the sword should approximate the originals of ancient Japan. Last Legend swords kinda steers away from the original design slightly to compensate to do well in modern tournament style cutting. I don't have any experience with the Last Legend line personally. But this is what I gather as the pros and cons from people who hate them, love 'em, and people who actually knows Japanese sword as functional combat weapons. Well, Last Legend has a new revamped line of swords now and there's yet to be review on the new line. Most of the talk and review is about their old retired line now.

Yeah, and check with your sensei if they're ok for your training.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/19/05 03:16 PM

Honestly I am training in Massachusetts and in my dojo we don't get very involved with the Katana. It is mostly Bo, Sai and Chuk's. A little Katana. I have been a sword collector for a long time and have taken upon my self to get all the education that I can. So I did some research and found Steve Crowther a 5th dan and has made a great training dvd. He has his own Dojo called Kensei Kai.It is located in England. I talked with him on the phone and he sent me his dvd. I am the first in the USA to get this training dvd. Here is the link if you want to check it out. He is also going to send me his dvd's that he is making to futher broaden my knowledge and my Kata's. Here is the link.
http://s106679294.websitehome.co.uk/index.html

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/19/05 04:01 PM

Well... I don't know quite what to say about Steve Crowther. There is almost no information on his website about what he trains in, who his instructors were, who awarded his 5th dan, nothing. That's not usually a good sign. I'm not saying he's bad or anything, there's just not much available information for him. I checked google and didn't turn up much either.

The information available at this address http://s106679294.websitehome.co.uk/dvd.htm makes it apparent that he's basically created his own style.

Now there is good news since your in Massachusettes. Boston is home to no less than two Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido instructors. Cuoung Nguyen is a sandan in the Canadian Iaido Association, which is a daughter organization of the Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei. I've met him. He has a lot to offer as an instructor. Nice guy to boot. Warren Stanley-sensei is a Rokudan Renshi and student of Honami-sensei, who I understand was just awarded his Ninth-dan. Stanley-sensei's ranks come through the Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei. I have met him as well. His Iai is outstanding. He's probably the top MJER guy in your neck of the woods. Certainly within the ZNIR/Seitokai branch of MJER .

Now to clear things up a little The MJER Seitokai is the organization led by Ikeda-soke, 22nd leader of the style. The Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei(All Japan Iaido Federation) is an umbrella organization consisting of the MJER Seitokai and members of several iaido ryu-ha. Both organizations are rather large in Japan.

You can get in touch with Nguyen-sensei through http://www.bostoniaido.com To get in touch with Stanley-sensei send me an email. He doesn't have any online presence, but I can put you in touch with one of his students.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/20/05 11:34 AM

I watched the videos on Steve Crowther's site of his sword work. I personally would stay away from his sword training.

Aside from the 2 Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido dojos (I train in the dojo under Cuong Nguyen) Charles Mahan mentioned, there is another Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu teacher in Springfield. John Deluca www.delucasmartialarts.com
http://www.delucasmartialarts.com/images.htm
He's of the Jikishin Kai branch of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu. He's mainly a Kenpo Karate teacher but does train in Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu frequently and studied originally under Carl Long.

So that's 3 Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu choices in Massachusetts. 2 of them of very similar training which Charles mentioned. This other one I'm mentioning is the same style but trained differently.

There's an Aikido school in Boston that trains Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido but they only allow their own advanced Aikido students train it. www.neaikikai.com

A place that teaches Seitei Gata Iaido in Acton http://www.doshikai.org/

So you have a few options for legitimate Japanese sword art training living in Massachusetts.

If you're willing to make the drive, there is a Suio Ryu (another Japanese sword art) group training Providence, Rhode Island. http://suioryu-usa.org/
You'll have to email them to find out bout their Providence location.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/20/05 10:45 PM

Thanks you all for your advice. But to get back to the original question. Your opinions on Last Legend Katana's.
I am looking at further training for the sword arts (katana) and welcome everyones expertise and advice. As
Far as that Steve Crowther goes he is very good at what
he does and he is a very kind person. People who judge
his small clips that he has on his web-site shouldn't
and as I can see can't judge his knowledge off of 3 small
video clips. I did buy his dvd and it has taught me different things that I can use. But after all it is a dvd
and not one on one training. And like I said I am taking it upon my self to dive as deep as possible into the way of the samurai. My Sensai doesn't get as invlolved as I would like and every great martial artist should have many forms of the arts. I look at it like this. Anyone that is willing to teach someone there knowledge can offer someone at least one valuable lesson. Sorry I rambled on. Anyways Last Legend Katan's?

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/20/05 11:09 PM

What about the training oppurtunities that we have provided for you? Any of them close enough for you to join?

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/21/05 11:01 AM

YES! Most definately! I thank you all. I am probably going to attend Boston Iaido. I went on their web-site and was totally shocked on the price for classes per month. I pay $80.00 a month for my Kenpo and Ju jitsu classes. And to my amazement they are $45.00 a month, YA ONLY $45.00 A MONTH!!
Thank you all!! So no one has an opinion on Last Legend?

Quote:

What about the training oppurtunities that we have provided for you? Any of them close enough for you to join?

Posted by: Stony

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/21/05 01:02 PM

I have one of the early Last Legend swords, one of their Shogun series. I am very happy with it.
Posted by: Kusarigama

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/23/05 02:02 PM

There is a Suio Ryu Study Group in Providence, Rhode Island.

For information on Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo in the United States, please see the Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo USA Shibu website, which is officially sanctioned by Katsuse Yoshimitsu Sensei, the 15th Generation Headmaster:

http://suioryu-usa.org/

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/24/05 09:02 AM

Well after many, many weeks of research between Paul Chen, Bugei, Cold Steel and Last Legend I have made my decision.
I have read many articles and have seen many comparison pics of all these swords. I have come to a fact given conclusion that Last Lagend is the best of them all. I first started with the tangs on all of these swords. Last legend is the only one that increases the tang size and it does not come to a taper with different lengths tsuka's. Next I looked at is blade geometry. Last legend Is no as conventional in design but very well thought out. Next I looked at they way the tsuka's were mounted. Last Legend Uses 3 mekugi's instead of just 2, and they are angled the same method used in conventional katana's. Next I looked at the Same'(Ray Skin) Bugei and Paul Chen use strips to wrap their Katana's Last Legend and Cold Steel uses a full wrap.
Weight and balance came into play and they all seemed pretty close.One this that I also liked was the warranty life time warranty against any breakage. One more thing to add is that these are not mass produced, they are all made by hand and there is only 400 made per different style produced. In conclusion Last Legend came out way on top compared to the other's. Again this is my research that I have been doing for a long time before I spend my $1000.00.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/24/05 10:56 AM

Hold off on buying a sword til you start actually training. I see you decided you may come to www.bostoniaido.com
I train there. And it'll be best if you come meet us and speak with our sensei bout Last Legends and whichever other company to buy swords from. I'm not sure what his take on Last Legend is at the moment and it would be a waste of money if you order one and he doesn't approve of it.

Also about the 3 mekugi pin deal, there's so much more to keeping the blade in the handle, how it's properly done and etc.
First you're just looking at the marketing explainations of the swords of the reputable companies you are looking at. That does not teach what is actually necessary in a sword. You should research Japanese swords through books, the procedures done to make Japanese swords, and all the little details that make a good sword. Of course Last Legend, Bugei and etc. will say the positive sides to what is so great about their swords. But they are not teaching in their advertisement everything you need to know.

If you saw a car commercial that told you their cars are built with 5 wheels instead of the usual 4 that most companies make, does that make that car better? Is it excessive?

The ideal way to know is to know more about cars and the kind of cars that car companies make out there before making your purchase and not base it on their advertisement.

So don't jump to conclusions yet. I'm not trying to put Last Legends down. But don't base what you read in a company's advertisement to help you determine what sword is better for you. You study bout swords and become sword educated then you know what you should buy. You study about cars so you become car educated to know what is better car for you to buy. You should never rely on just advertisement.

The kind of car you buy should fit the type of driving you do.

The kind of sword you buy should fit they type of sword training you do. You must first join a sword school and from there the best type of sword to fit your training will be more obvious.

I look foward to meeting you when you come by www.bostoniaido.com for a visit. We can definitely talk more bout swords then.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/24/05 11:53 AM

Thank you for your opinions. I am soo happy that I found this forum. It lets me get the proper information about whatever I need. ANd it also gives me different opinions
on many things in martial arts. As far as my research goes.
One of the best articles was from sword forum international.
They talked about a few swords, Bugei, Last Legend, Cold Steel, and another kind that I forgot the name. I have read repeatedly about different swords and ways they are made and just from what I gather LL is the best. I will try to wait as long as I can but also being a sword collector I may just buy one anyway!! And then buy another Katana!! Oh ya!! I love SWORDS!!!!!!

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/26/05 12:57 PM

Quote:

Well... I don't know quite what to say about Steve Crowther. There is almost no information on his website about what he trains in, who his instructors were, who awarded his 5th dan, nothing. That's not usually a good sign. I'm not saying he's bad or anything, there's just not much available information for him. I checked google and didn't turn up much either.

The information available at this address http://s106679294.websitehome.co.uk/dvd.htm makes it apparent that he's basically created his own style.

Now there is good news since your in Massachusettes. Boston is home to no less than two Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaido instructors. Cuoung Nguyen is a sandan in the Canadian Iaido Association, which is a daughter organization of the Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei. I've met him. He has a lot to offer as an instructor. Nice guy to boot. Warren Stanley-sensei is a Rokudan Renshi and student of Honami-sensei, who I understand was just awarded his Ninth-dan. Stanley-sensei's ranks come through the Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei. I have met him as well. His Iai is outstanding. He's probably the top MJER guy in your neck of the woods. Certainly within the ZNIR/Seitokai branch of MJER .

Now to clear things up a little The MJER Seitokai is the organization led by Ikeda-soke, 22nd leader of the style. The Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei(All Japan Iaido Federation) is an umbrella organization consisting of the MJER Seitokai and members of several iaido ryu-ha. Both organizations are rather large in Japan.

You can get in touch with Nguyen-sensei through http://www.bostoniaido.com To get in touch with Stanley-sensei send me an email. He doesn't have any online presence, but I can put you in touch with one of his students.

I have found what his style means. This definition was taken from another Japanese swords arts training school.
Battojutsu is the art of drawing and cutting in one fluid motion for the purpose of ending a conflict with one decisive cut

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/26/05 01:04 PM

Battojutsu is not a style. It's a type. For instance, Karate is a type. There are many styles of karate. Some goofy some good. Some brand new some very old. Jujutsu is another type. Kenjutsu. Etc. These are supersets of styles not styles.

Toyama Ryu would be a style of Battojutsu. Uechi Ryu would be a style of Karate.

Battojutsu doesn't really tell you anything about what his style is or where his stuff comes from.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 05/27/05 12:08 PM

Thank you for the explanation. How long have you been practicing martial arts?
Posted by: Sethius

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/16/06 08:43 AM

i know this is a bumped thread but NO NO NO AND NO AGAIN!

steve crowther IS NOT A GO DAN, it says "steve crowther was awarded a go-dan by sensei ansell kyoshi" i'd like to state that i have met dave ansell and he did not award him this, i have met and studied with dave ansell and i'm part of the KENSEI KAI which steve rips off. you'll notice (if you have ever studied iaido) that his stuff is the biggest load of bull! please do not claim it's "great" when i met steve he tied the hakama around his neck. if he's a go-dan i'm a hachi-dan hanshi!!

for example, will the people who study iaido or other sword arts look at his clips and realise what a load of tripe it is!

http://s106679294.websitehome.co.uk/dvd.htm
Posted by: Sethius

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/16/06 08:52 AM

Quote:

Thanks you all for your advice. But to get back to the original question. Your opinions on Last Legend Katana's.
I am looking at further training for the sword arts (katana) and welcome everyones expertise and advice. As
Far as that Steve Crowther goes he is very good at what
he does and he is a very kind person. People who judge
his small clips that he has on his web-site shouldn't
and as I can see can't judge his knowledge off of 3 small
video clips. I did buy his dvd and it has taught me different things that I can use. But after all it is a dvd
and not one on one training. And like I said I am taking it upon my self to dive as deep as possible into the way of the samurai. My Sensai doesn't get as invlolved as I would like and every great martial artist should have many forms of the arts. I look at it like this. Anyone that is willing to teach someone there knowledge can offer someone at least one valuable lesson. Sorry I rambled on. Anyways Last Legend Katan's?

no he is not good at what he does. we brought over mano-sensei from japan and he spent 2 days ignoring him, then had the gall to pose in a picture with him and claim mano was saying he thought he was the best swordsman there. you may have met steve and think he's a "nice guy" but he knows nothing of iaido and is to ignorant to start from teh bottom learn and get the grades, he just wants to be a title from teh start. if you want to know more, pm me and i'll talk to you about him in real time, with the real truth

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/16/06 09:53 AM

Quote:

Thank you for the explanation. How long have you been practicing martial arts?

Sorry. I missed this before. I start my 10th year of MJER this month.

Ack. I've fallen victim to a year old thread resurection. As for Steven Crowther, I think we covered him pretty well already in this thread. The videos on his site, particularly the last one, are... interesting to say the least.
Posted by: schanne

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/17/06 09:45 AM

Charles, clipp 4 shows Mr. Crowther tapping the top of his tsuka with his fist. I'm not interested in bashing him but was wondering if the action was considerd "chiburui" or is he checking for loose parts, just kidding.
Posted by: swordsman5

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/18/06 03:16 PM

Quote:

Honestly I am training in Massachusetts and in my dojo we don't get very involved with the Katana. It is mostly Bo, Sai and Chuk's. A little Katana. I have been a sword collector for a long time and have taken upon my self to get all the education that I can. So I did some research and found Steve Crowther a 5th dan and has made a great training dvd. He has his own Dojo called Kensei Kai.It is located in England. I talked with him on the phone and he sent me his dvd. I am the first in the USA to get this training dvd. Here is the link if you want to check it out. He is also going to send me his dvd's that he is making to futher broaden my knowledge and my Kata's. Here is the link.
http://s106679294.websitehome.co.uk/index.html

I have had the misfortune to have dealings with Mr Crowther. He has a picture of him standing there with Mano Sensei at a seminar we held last year. He spent the entire time ignoring everything that Mano Sensei tried to teach him, I have e-mailed Dave Ansell, the person he claims to have got his grade from, and Dave is most displeased at having that there as the man is worth about a Go-Kyu!!! Incidentally TWICE this year Steve Crowther has ended up in hospital trying to perform a reverse Tsuki using Shinken... The first time he rammed the kissaki into his left forearm and then when he felt resistance pushed it right through and out of the back of his upper arm, this kept him out of the dojo for quite a few weeks. About a fortnight after he had resumed "training" he did exactly the same thing only this time it was only through his left Bicep!!!!
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/18/06 11:57 PM

<< The first time he rammed the kissaki into his left forearm and then when he felt resistance pushed it right through and out of the back of his upper arm, >>
Maybe I have been taken in by scam. The opinions I have been given about the sharpness of a good shinken make this one sound rather dull.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/22/06 10:33 AM

Man I can't believe that I thought this guy was the real deal. I was an idiot. Now that I have been training in MJER
for 8 months or so, maybe 7months I can pick this guy apart.
I still haven't tested for ranking yet. I won't test until
January of 2007. I have now started my own biz making custom
koshirae and am starting to learn every aspect of MJER.
I got to tell ya, noto still frustrates me. Sometimes I do
it great others not so great. Anyways Steve would not match
up with many sensei that I have seen.I got the oppertunity
to go to NY this year and also visited Ken Zen Dojo.
I have never had soooo much help with everything from so
many different Sensei's. I ever got to learn from
Kato Sensei and Hooper Sensei. Don't know if you guys know them, But it was VERY educational. Steve Crowther on the
other hand will just teach you to get hurt..
Check out my web site when you have a chance.

www.warriorkoshirae.com

Later,
V34

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/22/06 03:55 PM

I know Ken Zen by reputation only, but it's a pretty good rep.
Posted by: iaibear

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 06/22/06 07:17 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Hooper Sensei several years ago at a major seminar in Manhattan when Nakanichi Sensei was visiting. I hope I spelled the gentleman's name correctly. That was over ten years ago. He was quite elderly at the time but could still hold his own at Kendo.
Posted by: Woku

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 09/01/06 07:43 AM

Hmm, that sounds fishy to me, I charge 200 american for my classes, in america anyhow. You get what you pay for, classes that cheap, well, I would not expect very much. Doesn't mean it nmight not be good, but most dojo's only teach weapons as an addendum to Karate or some other empty hand stlye, which is where the gravy is after all. I'd be cautious if I were you.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 09/01/06 09:37 AM

That only proves you are price gouging. Every so often on the forums there is a poll of traditional JSA instructors. Prices for monthly dues range anywhere from free to about $100 on the upper end. The more expensive places invariably have a physical building of some sort to pay rent on or they would be cheaper. The cheaper places are usually practicing out of a community center or something.

I train under the senior guy in the Seitokai branch of the Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Seitokai, which is to say the branch led by Ikeda Takashi-soke(22). Sensei is a Nanadan Kyoshi and been practicing since 1980. He spent the first 10 years of his training in Chiba training directly under a student of Fukui Torao-soke(21). He's been teachin in Denton, Tx for 10 years and offers up to 5 classes a week which adds up to about 6 and a half hours of mat time a week. Senior students also have a key to the dojo and are welcome to come down and train whenever we have free time. We have our own storefront just of the town square. Sensei could charge considerably more, but his rates are pretty low. $60 a month for non-university students and $50 a month for students. That's it. Even the big seminars gather donations that are south of $100 for the entire weekend.

Most of the folks who practice a genuine style, aren't doing it for a living. They aren't even doing it for extra income. They are generally only charging to cover the bills of running the dojo. There are exceptions to the rule of course. A handful are out there doing it for a living, but they don't come anywhere near $200 a month.

There is no need to fear KenZen. They are a well known and respected establishment. I think you might be suprised at how many traditional JSA dojos exist in the US. It is a small number compared to karate and tkd to be sure, but it's not unusual to find one or two real koryu training oppurtunities in most major cities. Heck all the big cities in Texas have at least one genuine koryu training oppurtunity connected to dojos in Japan. And Texas isn't exactly a hotbed of Japanese immigration.
Posted by: WaNy

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/25/07 07:41 PM

Is the Paul Chen 1204 Tiger Katana any good? How about in comparison to the last legend?

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/25/07 08:01 PM

OK So I missed the end part of the thread. This is my first time on this forum so plz don't get too mad at me for not sticking with the conversation. Anyhooz, I am interested in buying a nice sword. At first, I was settling for silly fantasy swords, but then I started thinking...why not take a class? I'll buy myself a nice sword and then take the class so that I have an incentive to finish my training and learn how to properly use the sword. I was thinking of purchasing the Tiger Katana (Roughly $840). Is there anything else that you guys would recommend to me that is around that price range? Going over the $1000 mark seems to be a little overboard for someone who doesn't even know how to hold a sword properly. I was checking out the Last Legend from this post, and I am confused as to what means what and how the two compare to eachother. Last legend has a nice warranty policy and I cannot seem to find the policy for Paul Chen swords. Thanks to all.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/25/07 11:15 PM

The following advice for your situation is pretty standard. Save your money until you actually start training, then get with your instructor before picking something out. The right sword is often very style specific. It is not only possible, but downright likely that there will be something about the Tiger which is not suited to whichever art you end up. Maybe the tsuka will be too long. Maybe the curve will be too deep. Maybe the instructor will not allow Paul Chen blades in his dojo.

The most likely problem will come if you sign up with one of the several Iai dojos in Chicago and they won't let you use a shinken for the first several years. It would be a shame to spend $840 on a sword only to end up having to shell out another $400 for an iaito.

Don't worry about not having a blade when you walk through the door. It's a much better to walk in with a clean slate and let the instructor help you purchase the right training tool.
Posted by: pepto_bismol

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/26/07 01:29 AM

Quote:

I will try to wait as long as I can but also being a sword collector I may just buy one anyway!! And then buy another Katana!! Oh ya!! I love SWORDS!!!!!!

Haha, only the fools rush in. Ever think that you might get tired of these swords? Like a new toy that grows old fast?

You seem to be very eager to blow your hard earned money... on something that you don't seem to know that much about (compared to your peers, apparently)

I mean I used to LOVE pokemon, I bought all the cards, I was like "YA POKEMON FOR LIFE!" I was buying all of the rare cards and was a pokemon STUD!

Well... pokemon got old, and now all my collection does is rot.

Have you ever considered starting your training with a cheap practice sword (under 100$)? And maybe once you get advanced in your art you can buy the more expensive equipment.

Right now you are thinking "YA SWORDS, AWESOME!" But your mind set might seriously change after you actually start your training, then you would of wish you spent your 800+$ On something more useful.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/26/07 12:09 PM

Yea, you guys bring up a good point. I have to control myself...I guess thats one of those self-disipline sorta things that's related to martial arts huh...Well, I was going to do my class research after I got the sword, but I guess since I'm going to wait a little, I should do my class research first. Of the several in Chicago, is there any class/instructor in particular that you guys recommend? Or can I just sign up for the one that is closest to me? (I have no car so I'd have to take the train T.T```.)

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/26/07 04:12 PM

I would suggest doing a search over at http://www.swordforum.com and http://www.e-budo.com using the search terms "Chicago dojo".

There is a Mugai Ryu dojo at the Japanese Cultural Center http://www.japaneseculturecenter.com/iaido.html It's a good choice for training from what I understand.

I believe there are also some Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu dojos associated with the Jikishinkai organization there as well. This is a different organization than the one I am in.

Search two forums I mentioned above for more information.
Posted by: seibukanUK

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 11/30/07 07:55 AM

Hi,
http://s106679294.websitehome.co.uk/dvd.htm is a uk based Dojo. As I live in the UK (London),I would be hesitant in passing too much judgement on the quality of the iai at this dojo. However, I am currently learning Mugai Ryu at this dojo http://www.seishokan.org.uk/index.html and I can say the quality of the instruction I receive here is excellent Honbu web site is here http://www.seibukanbudo.org/eng/kai_e.htm
Regards to all
Sean.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 11/30/07 10:56 AM

Hello Sean. I think you will find that Mr Crowther has been discussed quite a bit in this thread. And in the future I would ask you to please not resurrect threads that are more than 6 months old. If you feel that an old dead topic requires further discussion, please start a new topic.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 12/04/07 07:30 AM

Hello Charles,
Noted and understood.
Regards
Sean
Posted by: singlewhip

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/16/08 08:51 PM

I must make a apology straight away for the information i strongly feel should be shared to you all. I realise this thread has been bounding about for sometime and you must be sick of it but on reading messages on this site i have observed the name Crowther. I have known of this gentleman in the past and from viewing his material am satisfied we are on the same page of the hymn book. I would advise anyone that is interested in training sword styles or any other discipline that he claims to be profitient in to look elsewhere. There has been many manifestations in the lifespan of this man , professional fisherman ,painfully poor metal guitarist to name just two. To be honest the fact that he is practising this noble art troubles me enormously,I would be happy not to mention another word on the subject as i guess you would to. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/18/08 05:20 AM

You should really do some research before associating genuine professionals that have the same names with each other. There is a well respected angler called Steve Crowther.
Maybe Charles could lock this thread. Threads have been locked for lesser reasons previously ;-)

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/18/08 11:10 PM

I'll lock it if I get a second from the peanut gallery.

Re: Last Legend Katana? - 01/20/08 12:00 PM

you been busy pickin them up? don't get disheartened.