Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel

Posted by: Belnick

Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/19/05 08:31 AM

Product# 2001GT

http://www.ancientedge.com/product_75_detailed.html

I am just curious if someone visit these forums own this sword and how they feel about it
the grip does not look very good for a 600dollar sword, it looks like it will losen somehow
Posted by: FuzzyVikingBear

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/21/05 02:48 AM

The sword's grip looks pretty solid to me, but I don't own a sword of that type so my word is far from final. However, if you're going on my opinon alone, I'd personally buy it, and make sure the warranty on it is acceptable for the risk.

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/21/05 04:34 AM

Quote:

The sword's grip looks pretty solid to me, but I don't own a sword of that type so my word is far from final. However, if you're going on my opinon alone, I'd personally buy it, and make sure the warranty on it is acceptable for the risk.

yea well problem is the shipping to sweden
if something happends I have to ship it all the way back

just thought someone here owned it
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/21/05 08:48 PM

Sorry, this forum is mostly kenjitsu people with a few fencers thrown in. Try Swordforum they would be able to answer your question better than us.

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/23/05 10:30 PM

Now hold on just a second, while the eastern martial artist/western martial artist ratio is unbalanced, that doesn't mean there aren't is't any wisdom to be gained here. In any case, after looking at that grip a bit more, it really does look solid to me, and so I'd suggest that you only make sure they have a replacement warranty that's reasonable, before risking the money.

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/23/05 10:32 PM

Oh, and by the way, it's all about NORWEGIAN Viking Power!

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/24/05 05:13 AM

Quote:

Now hold on just a second, while the eastern martial artist/western martial artist ratio is unbalanced, that doesn't mean there aren't is't any wisdom to be gained here. In any case, after looking at that grip a bit more, it really does look solid to me, and so I'd suggest that you only make sure they have a replacement warranty that's reasonable, before risking the money.

hmm, yea ok, just that I already have a sword, well several, and the ones with best grip is the ones that is of metal, got one crappy sword where there handle is platic, lol !
I just feel that this black, leather, pvc or whatever it is will twist and turn and then suddenly u have no grip anymore, even if it is glued it feels odd

anyway I will see, wanted this sword for sometime, if I get the money this month or the next, will decide when I have it

and it is Swedish Viking power , look at magnus and compare to svend karlsen
Posted by: Benjamin1986

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/24/05 06:49 PM

If you want my rather unqualified opinion, the hilt could be well done, but I'm not sure about it. It depends more on the quality of the workmanship than the material itself (aside from plastic and PVC: those materials are for piping and jury-rigging, not quality workmanship). I prefer wooden hilts myself (cool hardwood feels much better to the hand). I guess it depends what is under the leather and how it is fastened.

My only problem is that there is apparently no waranty on the blade. Though that isn't unusual, I feel much better when they stand behind their blades.

Sorry I can't give you more help, but this is all I can tell you without owning one of their blades myself

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/25/05 08:02 AM

glad for any reply

gonna try finding other sword forums where I can ask as well, someone must own it
Posted by: Warwolph

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/26/05 08:39 PM

I don't own it but from experience- always buy a sword from somewhere you can inspect it first or from someone you REALLY trust. I have quite a large collection of swords... and my main suggestion is with leather handles to check to see how tightly bound it is. the tightest it is, the better off it is.. if it moves even the slightest bit in your hand, don't buy it.

Re: Sir William Marshall Sword - Folded Steel - 05/27/05 12:31 PM

Quote:

I don't own it but from experience- always buy a sword from somewhere you can inspect it first or from someone you REALLY trust. I have quite a large collection of swords... and my main suggestion is with leather handles to check to see how tightly bound it is. the tightest it is, the better off it is.. if it moves even the slightest bit in your hand, don't buy it.

I understand that, but the closest for me is in stockholm, which means I can take a boat to denmark, jump on a plane to england, check it out there, fly back take the boat home and be hom ein about the same time and the same travel expense
sadly I don't have the money for a trip just to check it out

not to mentioned the insurance on the car came this month too, 420 euro

bte, u don't have photos of your swords ? would love to see them
(send me a site msg then, don't post here)

thx for the reply thou