Help with practice

Posted by: SamuraiChamploo

Help with practice - 05/15/05 12:59 AM

im lookin fror pointers on were to start to practice with a fast attack style and how i should get my accuracy to were i can hit pretty well any suggestions?oh yeah by the way i already have a wooden daito ican practice with
and this may seem a bit wierd but does meditating and things like that actually help?

Re: Help with practice - 05/15/05 01:20 AM

any noe please i need to know i was planning on staerting tommorow and after school on weekdays
Posted by: Ju_Jitsu_kid

Re: Help with practice - 05/15/05 01:36 AM

I meditate constantly my friend, I have been since I was 13. took me 2 years to get it just right.... the Point of meditateing is to complete clear your mind of all outside worries and concern so you can focus directly on what you are doing, Focusing on the Here and now. Its gotten to the Point where I no longer sit and meditate, I actually do it while sub conciously moveing through my weapons Katta wheather it be fast or slow--------- So yes it does help ... it helped a thousand years ago when the Samurai did it, nothing about Kattas and meditation have changed drastically since then

Re: Help with practice - 05/15/05 01:37 AM

so is it hard to clear ur mind if uve never meditated before like it takes lots of practice right?
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Help with practice - 05/15/05 01:39 AM

Find a qualified instructor.