Newbies read - area

Posted by: Anonymous

Newbies read - area - 12/05/04 06:28 PM

Hi, I've noiced a huge number of repetetive posts by people new to martial arts and new to the Forum.

If they are like me (I'm also pretty new), alot of these people may not realise there is a search function or that it can be used too get there questions answered when they first sign up. I found this site with a google search on a partiular karate subject, and one of the links brought me to an old thread. I didnt look at the main site for months, and have never actually looked at the rules.

In short I was thinking that the first Forum on the Index list should be entitled NEWbies please read, and include useful info on the search function rules and a l;ist of various FAQ's.

What say you?

Re: Newbies read - area - 12/10/04 05:55 AM

we were all green (still am as far as things go [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG] ) once and i know the importance of the beggining of the self discovery of a young martial artist so i think it will be a good thing to have something for the newbies.
Posted by: still wadowoman

Re: Newbies read - area - 12/10/04 09:37 AM

I think it is an excellent idea.

I think it should include a detailed explaination of how the search facility works so that new members can look up what is the best art etc.
Sharon

Re: Newbies read - area - 12/23/04 10:29 AM

I'm just curious if any moderators have read this thread if there is any possibility f this going ahead...

I know the Energy arts forum could sure use it!

Re: Newbies read - area - 02/09/05 12:35 PM

I find this to be a very practical and logical addition to the boards, with the potential to decrease the amount of annoying posts and save some cyberspace from being felled.

I second this notion as well.

-Ket

Re: Newbies read - area - 02/09/05 08:12 PM

Sounds like another great idea!