Auto-Biog-Forum

Posted by: Akiba

Auto-Biog-Forum - 10/18/04 06:50 AM

I think a few us might engoy a forum where we regulars could post a little auto-biography of who we are and what we've done etcetera.

As we follows each others threads it might be an idea to be able to build a more focussed 'mental picture' of our little community.

Just a thought, lets see what response we get here.

P.S if it's a concern I'd be more than happy to help moderate it against those pesky trolls; although sometimes their blatant non-sense is amusing.

Akiba
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Auto-Biog-Forum - 10/21/04 12:43 PM

Yes, trolls are amusing.

I second the idea. Unfortunately, not many people visit these threads. I will put it up on the MA Talk.
Posted by: laf7773

Re: Auto-Biog-Forum - 10/23/04 12:16 AM

This is a good idea in theory. The problem come when you have a 13 yr old posting that he is something he's not, then it's a waste of time. This is what your profile is for, to tell people about you. Even though you don't have a dedicated section for people’s bios, you can sometimes tell the people who know what they are talking about. Some things can't be faked and some information you can't get off the web, it only comes from years of training. The guys that are all talk come out in the wash.

Some may see the bio section as bragging and wouldn't post there for that reason.

Like i said, it's a good idea but i doubt it will happen.
Posted by: Akiba

Re: Auto-Biog-Forum - 10/24/04 09:10 AM

I think the forum would run best by each person who 'wanted' to post an auto biog would start a new thread with just their Nickname as the subject.

Then if you were looking through threads and was interested in say 'Foolsgold' you would go to the auto biog and look for his post.

There would be no real need to add or return post to any of the threads. They are what they are.

In this way it would make it easier to monitor. It would also mean there is nothing to gain from 13yr olds posting there as the only people looking would be those genuinly interested in the author.

Does that make sense? anyway I'd just erase the kids ones (if I was a mod).

Akiba