x Vs y & Bruce Lee

Posted by: still wadowoman

x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 09/28/04 07:33 AM

I would like to suggest two new areas.

1) x Vs Y for all those that like to discuss Tyson Vs Jet Li, Ali Vs Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris Vs my mum etc. It could include style Vs style questions too.

2) A Bruce Lee section

These two could go in one category, but I am too polite to suggest a name for it [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Sharon
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 10/12/04 08:34 AM

we can't have that, because then there wouldn't be anything in Martial Arts Talk!! [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/smile.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: Belnick

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/15/05 04:32 PM

Quote:

1) x Vs Y for all those that like to discuss Tyson Vs Jet Li, Ali Vs Jackie Chan, Chuck Norris Vs my mum etc. It could include style Vs style questions too.

2) A Bruce Lee section

These two could go in one category, but I am too polite to suggest a name for it [IMG]http://www.fightingarts.com/forums/ubb/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Sharon

I so agree on the second one
would also be a forum to move all the bruce lee threads
Posted by: Kintama

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/18/05 08:32 AM

wouldn't that be the "Jeet kune Do" forum for bruce lee stuff?

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/18/05 11:31 AM

Quote:

wouldn't that be the "Jeet kune Do" forum for bruce lee stuff?

so u are saying ppl are allowed to rant what ever they want about bruce in that thread ?
mods let them be ?
Posted by: imcrazy

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/19/05 11:26 AM

Quote:

Well the problem I could see arising with this is many, many flame wars (and some could become quite nasty).

Quote:

2) A Bruce Lee section

Well maybe its just better if we directed them to a bruce lee fansite forum?

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/19/05 11:35 AM

huh? did I say that? You read an awful lot into my question/suggestion. Think for a second why there is a Jeet kune Do forum in the first place...why would an admin create THAT and not other styles?

Ranting in any forum is allowed. You are also allowed to ignore reading and replying to rants. Dumb, trivial and offensive is the stuff that gets purged. but you already knew that.
Posted by: harlan

Re: x Vs y - 05/19/05 11:50 AM

'x vs y'. I promise not to start any threads that are gender specific.

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/19/05 06:40 PM

Quote:

huh? did I say that? You read an awful lot into my question/suggestion. Think for a second why there is a Jeet kune Do forum in the first place...why would an admin create THAT and not other styles?

Ranting in any forum is allowed. You are also allowed to ignore reading and replying to rants. Dumb, trivial and offensive is the stuff that gets purged. but you already knew that.

then ok, search this board and tell him how many bruce lee threads you find and how many % of them that is locked :P
Posted by: JoelM

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/19/05 08:06 PM

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...p;page=0#298715

How do you like them apples?

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/20/05 05:04 AM

wow you found one open, is that 2‰

lol

also
Quote:

provide a discussion based on facts

how many will do that ?
Posted by: SANCHIN31

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/20/05 05:35 AM

Not you.

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/20/05 07:22 AM

Quote:

Not you.

overdid it on the did ya ?
I doubt he could find 1% open or even 1‰ and he posted a thread on how to post about bruce, that does not prevent ppl from comming here and create a new thread asking what if bruce lee could kicks someonethat weighed 300pound and make him fly 10meters

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/20/05 08:05 AM

belnik, whats your point? B Lee created and promoted JKD ...didn't he? You don't see a Chojun Miyagi forum.

That was my only point. Ranting and talking about nonsense is a separate issue reguardless of the topic.
Since many people revere BL as a god instead of human...they needed a forum for the freak show.

Re: x Vs y & Bruce Lee - 05/20/05 08:42 AM

Quote:

belnik, whats your point? B Lee created and promoted JKD ...didn't he? You don't see a Chojun Miyagi forum.

That was my only point. Ranting and talking about nonsense is a separate issue reguardless of the topic.
Since many people revere BL as a god instead of human...they needed a forum for the freak show.

and that is your opinion alone, not the opinion of 5billion ppl