Chat

Posted by: menina

Chat - 04/16/07 06:52 AM

Sometimes I feel as it is easier to have a fluent chat with the people who is currently logged-in. Isn't there a way to chat with them?
Thank you
Posted by: JKogas

Re: Chat - 04/16/07 07:05 AM

We have tried using one form of really horrible chat room before that didn't work out very well. I was on it on occasion as was JoelM and a very few others.

I'd like to see something like this but the demand apparently hasn't been that strong (otherwise you think we'd have had it by now).

-John
Posted by: menina

Re: Chat - 04/16/07 09:54 AM

Ah. Ok, never mind. The forum is cool

Re: Chat - 04/16/07 09:11 PM

No really, it's not a bad idea. I just think that if the demand was great enough, something would be done to implement a chat-room. As it stands, there apparently isn't enough of a demand. I don't know. Try emailing the mods and MattJ, the site admin.

-John
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: Chat - 04/17/07 03:23 AM

Id love to see it myself.
Posted by: Crash

Re: Chat - 04/17/07 10:49 PM

seconded
Posted by: Ungeheuerlich

Re: Chat - 04/22/07 02:15 PM

yup definately a chatroom would be better

Re: Chat - 04/22/07 02:32 PM

Certainly would. I don't think anyone would disagree.

-John

Re: Chat - 04/23/07 10:16 PM

could we add a thread with a poll so people could vote for it or against it? If so mabey we should put it in the martial arts talk forum so everyone will know about it. Just an idea if this chat room is possible

I think a chat room addition would be a way to get to know individual members better and ultimately make the forum stronger, more people can:

- get several questions answered quickly

- establish a repor with certain people resulting in more regular members

- more privacy etc
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Chat - 04/24/07 08:10 AM

If you want to set up a poll, feel free. The last time I discussed this with the site master, he vetoed it.

http://www.fightingarts.com/ubbthreads/s...=0#Post15894669

There were concerns that there might not be enough control over objectionable content. I personally do not see a problem with it, and several other forums have chat rooms available.

Re: Chat - 04/24/07 12:23 PM

Not being able to monitor objectional content is understandable, but in a one on one conversation you can always ignore someone you don't like.
Posted by: Supremor

Re: Chat - 04/24/07 01:12 PM

Would you be able to give moderator like priveleges on a chat room? I'm not very knowledgeable about the things myself, but if there's enough other people interested, and if there is enough control over dodgy content, then why not.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: Chat - 04/26/07 01:58 PM

actually, there IS a sort of chat 'feature'. look in your profile. the ICQ # is your member number after joining here: http://www.icq.com/

after you download/install and register (all free), then enter your ICQ number into your FA profile.

by clicking on someone's ICQ #, it will invite a chat. If enough people use it, then I'm sure someone would volunteer to set up a general FA chat room in ICQ. Then create a forum sticky with the link to that room.
Posted by: FightingSpirit

Re: Chat - 06/30/07 05:30 PM

plz chat room plz

i really think it would help your site grow