Improvement of the Search function

Posted by: Kujaku

Improvement of the Search function - 04/02/07 10:05 AM

Hey all.

I notice that many people keep telling others to use the search funtion, well, personally, I dont use it, and I wont use it...atleast not on this forum. The reason for this is because on these particular boards, the search funtion is severely gimped. For example, if I make one search right now, I will have to wait several minutes to make another search, this is quite a hassle as this happens quite often when I misspell what I am searching for, or if I search for it under the wrong category. It would be very helpful to remove this drawback to the search function and to make the search function more user friendly for multiple/consecutive searches within minutes. I see no reason why this would not be possible as I have been on multiple boards in the past where this issue was a nonfactor. Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.

Sincerely.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Improvement of the Search function - 04/02/07 10:21 AM

The current delay on the search function is 60 seconds. I have contacted the webmaster about removing it before, but he is worried that too many simultaneous/multiple searches could lock the forum.