site suggestion: emailing our pm's

Posted by: harlan

site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/24/07 02:18 PM

The site has gone through a couple of changes/upgrades in the past few years. Is it possible, yet, to add an option to email copies of our PM's (to ourselves)?

I haven't tried it...but if we change our settings notify us when we have a PM...does it include the original PM?

Thanks for any feedback.
Posted by: MattJ

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/24/07 06:19 PM

I don't see that option anywhere, but I will double check with the site master. You can, as always, save sent PM's to your "home" here on the site.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/25/07 03:31 AM

when you right click on the screen it doesnt say "email this page to friend"? mine does.

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/25/07 07:01 AM

Chen: No. Right click in my browser (Explorer) brings up an export to Excel...and that isn't a viable option.

Matt: FA.com can only be home to us normal members to the tune of 200 PMs. It's going on 3 years now, and I have to delete PMs to keep the inbox open now. Copy and pasting to a word processing program is arduous.

Perhaps the option of 'notify when receiving a PM via email' could be modified to include the text of the PM?

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/25/07 11:08 AM

Unfortunately, there is no option for emailing PM's. Hopefully in a future update, they will include it. Sorry.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/25/07 02:34 PM

What the heck do you guys keep in your PM's ... everything? Currently since October of 2004 I have ... count them .... it's alot; hold on ... "2" only. I've received hundreds conversing back and forth with many members, not to mention many questions that have come my way of question with most of them from people regarding muscle building. Anything I think worthy I would hold on to for a short period and then review them again. Anything worth while I would cut and paste into a word document on my hard drive.

That's just me, I don't like chaos but like order and I keep everything neat and tidy. My Yahoo, Shaw and work e-mails also are clean and tidy. My thinking is that if it has no bearing on the future then it gets deleted. Anything worth keeping should be kept all in one place. I have a file called E-Mails that I store everything under on my hard drive.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/25/07 07:07 PM

WOW Dereck you sound almost as neurotic as me! I drive my husband and dad nuts when I decide to clean out my Yahoo account and go through my pictures and start deleting. My dad will email me about 6 months after he sends me something so that I could email it back to him. I remind him that I go though about every month and clean out the "trash"

Casey

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/25/07 10:16 PM

I can't be bothered to do maintenance on a regular schedule, and cut and paste is such a pain (especially since it doesn't include date, to/from)...that I put it off.

What do I keep? Well...Oldman's poetry for one. And other, really nice personal stuff.

Quote:

What the heck do you guys keep in your PM's ... everything?

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/26/07 11:06 AM

Harlan -

I do understand that cut-n-paste can be a pain in the ass. However, I think the site is pretty fair with allowing 200 PMs. That is not an unreasonable number. Several other martial arts forums have a much lower limit (MAP is 100, MartialTalk is 20!).

Re: site suggestion: emailing our pm's - 02/26/07 11:09 AM

Thanks for looking into it.