FYI admins

Posted by: shadowkahn

FYI admins - 01/14/07 04:14 PM

The forum doesn't seem to be setting the login cookie. I've tried it on several systems, and reset my cookies, but it never remembers me when I come back. Other forums I visit do, so I doubt it's an issue on my end.

Thanks
Posted by: JoelM

Re: FYI admins - 01/14/07 08:44 PM

Has worked fine for me for years.
Posted by: Ed_Morris

Re: FYI admins - 01/14/07 09:54 PM

when you login, check the "Remember me on each visit" box.

...just thought I'd start with the obvious.
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: FYI admins - 01/15/07 11:39 PM

Usually the best suggestion is the most obvious one. Try that and see how it turns out for you.
Posted by: clmibb

Re: FYI admins - 01/16/07 05:20 PM

Shadow's not the only one with that problem (and yes I have checked the box several times). I thought I was doing something wrong or I had to have a certain number of posts before I was allowed to do that. Anyway, Shadow you aren't alone

Casey
Posted by: Chen Zen

Re: FYI admins - 01/16/07 05:32 PM

We'll contact tech support to see what we/they can do for you guys.
Posted by: shadowkahn

Re: FYI admins - 01/16/07 06:44 PM

Yeah, I check that every time I log in.

I had the exact same problem on my forum. It's phpBB, but the cookie code is I believe similar. Applied a patch and they went away. Probably a similar situation here.

Re: FYI admins - 02/20/07 12:06 AM

The box still doesn't work for me. Just wanted someone to know.

Casey
Posted by: sntint

Re: FYI admins - 02/20/07 12:37 AM

I've noticed that too. I'll come to the forum index and not be logged in. But, if I click on "Main Index" (even though I'm already at that page) it will refresh the index and I'll be logged in. Without having to actually sign in.

See if that works for you?

-Alan

Re: FYI admins - 02/20/07 01:20 AM

Nope. Still a no go.

Casey
Posted by: boxing_kid

Re: FYI admins - 03/05/07 10:01 PM

i also have this same problem and i tried everything to fix i tried to lower my security settings n all that n nothin worked i have had this problem for a while too i have this problem on my other computer too