Buying from store

Posted by: boxing_kid

Buying from store - 06/21/06 02:43 PM

how much would it be to ship a book to Canada? It's 5 dollars to ship to U.S., how much would it be for Canada? Also this is shipping from america right? so there will be duty on any book i get?
Posted by: MattJ

Re: Buying from store - 06/21/06 03:02 PM

I think if you fill out the order form with your country, it will tell you what shipping is. The E-store is actually totally seperate from the forums.
Posted by: Dereck

Re: Buying from store - 06/21/06 03:10 PM

I deal with this all of the time. When "shipping" with a carrier or courier from the US to Canada, the item that is being shipped will be tariff classified. Some tariff items are free and others the government want a percentage of. I think for a book you won't have to worry about the government slapping any extra fees on to it.

There will be of course Duty and Taxes on the item, plus probably brokerage fees. Other fees may be ACI Release Fees, NAFTA Fees, etc. I remember once having some CD's I bought couriered to me and when I got it I flipped out how much I had to pay.

Now if they are smart ... a book can be "mailed" from the US to Canada and most of these fees are not even applicable and is not a hassle.